Cafe Cups (For use in a Keurig)

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by safetydancepants • May 16, 2014.

1. safetydancepants

safetydancepantsNew Member

Threads:
    I have been using Cafe Cups for a few months, and am here to report that they are a good buy.

They are little reusable pods for the Keurig machines. I have also used the much bulkier one that came with my Keurig, and it is much more inconvenient. These little guys just pop in like a K-cup, and you can fill them with whatever coffee it is you like, saving you money (Kcups cost on average twice the cost of coffee itself).

The factors that made these more worthwhile than the Keurig brand reusable pod are:
    1. They fit right in the machine -- for the Keurig brand reusable cup, you have to remove the pod holder from the coffeemaker, which can be a little difficult. There are also really, really sharp needles in the machine to puncture the pods -- makes the process kind of scary to "unsnap" the pod holder from the machine.
    2. They are easier to clean, and can go in the dishwasher. The Keurig brand one has a screw on lid, and a removeable mesh filter that goes in it. More parts to clean, more parts to lose. The Cafe Cups have a snap on lid that stays attached to the cup -- only one piece total.
    3. You get 4 (or even 6) in a package. The Keurig one comes with a single reusable cup, while the Cafe Cups give you a few to work with. Ideal if you are not the only one who uses the machine, or if you have one in the dishwasher, you still have one to use.

I recently brought a few of these in for the office Keurig machine so that people can get cups of their own coffee, rather than be limited to the (super cheapo brand) K-cups that are offered to us. I personally make Starbucks Blonde roast in mine :).

Has anyone else tried them? Anyone have any complaints? I haven't found a feature I didn't like about them yet.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    No, I have not tried them yet. But I have been looking into buying a Keurig for my brother and his wife and so it is good to know there are some 'green' options out there. I have always liked the idea of the convenience of having a coffee maker like that but had trouble with the thought of all that plastic being dumped in the garbage. I know that it can be recycled but there is good energy wasted on recycling as well when it is not necessary. I think the fact that the Café Cups fit in the Keurig machine alone will prompt me to begin price comparison shopping for the Keurig brand over others I have seen. And since the name Keurig seems to be popular, I don't stand a chance of having a machine where cups are no longer being produced for it. This was another one of my fears in purchasing one. But it sounds like it fits a lot of different cups and the concept has went beyond the phase stage. Thanks for the info!

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to order this for my girl, she would like these for sure. I'm not a big coffee drinker. Maybe you could use them to make tea. I don't see why not. going to have another look at them. I make my own tea using fresh mint leaves and fresh ginger. Very healthy. But my mom does not. Maybe I will have to buy for a few people here. Seems like a good product, might as well give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

4. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I have one of these and need to find it to give it a try. I wasn't sure what I was doing when I first used it and it became a crazy ground mess. So, I'm willing to give it another shot based on everyone here being somewhat consistent with it being an okay product. Sometimes you just gotta break it in order to use it correctly.