Call for Help - Good Gift to give via email

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by H.C. Heartland • Oct 17, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, someone from out of country did something nice for me and I would like to send them something. However, due to the professional nature of our relationship, no gifts are allowed to be sent to the office and that is the only address I have. So I would need a gift that I could somehow purchase a 'code' for and then be able to email this person the 'code' so that they can get their gift. This is the only thing I can think of in the way of 'virtual gifts'. Do you have any ideas on how I can thank this person for having helped me recently? Thanks.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    There are many gift cards that you can purchase online. You can even visit websites that sell vouchers because those can be given as gifts but sent "online". Try looking for Amazon gift cards.

3. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    I agree that some type of gift certificate is a great idea, but to make it a little more specialized you could get a gift certificate to some type of store (online or real-life) they like. You said the nature of the relationship is professional, so perhaps it could be a store that sells things useful to the profession(s), like nice pens or something. That way the gift has a personal touch but they still have a pick of what they want. Alternatively it could be a certificate for a nice restaurant that is local to them. If it is for an online store just make sure they can get shipping from that store in their country.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just going to mention shipping, Plantain. Make sure it's available and that the shipping won't cost them more than the gift does, lol. I think a book store or gift shop certificate would be nice. I've never been one to give very personal gifts to business acquaintances. There are "corporate gift" sites as well that might have something nice, and you should be able to get a certificate. You could also contact a good restaurant near them and buy them lunch by paying over the phone if you can't find a way to get a gift certificate to them.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I never even thought about shipping costs! Thank you Zyni and Plantain! This has given me some good ideas. I think there are more and more options out there now that people have gone so 'viral'. I am not the only one dealing with this type of situation so no doubt more options will be available in the future too. I was going to look into Groupon as well to see if you could 'purchase' and then gift it later if you ended up getting the deal.

6. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking a gift card for somewhere like Amazon would be great because it can be sent through email. An Amazon gift card gives the person the option of buying something and having it shipped with Amazon global shipping or they can purchase digital content such as electronic books, movies, or music. This way, there be no shipping costs. Another idea would be to send the person some money through PayPal, if it is available in their country and they can make a purchase in their country with that money. These are ideas that I would find to be good gifts.