Camping in Canada?

Discussion in Travel started by joyful728 • Oct 29, 2014.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Can anyone recommend any camping spots in Canada? Yes I realize that Canada is a huge country, but please share any great camping spots anywhere in Canada.

Has anyone ever been camping in Canada? Where are your favorite places to travel in Canada? Also, please share any random travel tips that you might have in Canada. Thanks for your advice!!!!

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    The only place I have ever camped at in Canada is a place called Evergreen. It is 60 miles west of Montreal situated on 50 acres. They have 125 seasonal sites and 30 sites for transients/weekenders. When I went (quite a few years ago) it was a very clean, quiet and secure campground on full sun, partly sun and shaded sites for tents, tent trailers, hybrids, travel trailers, fifth wheels and motor homes. They also had a community hall (which I see advertised) that had a talent show and also special themed game nights, meals, etc. (But I didn't see those advertised so you might have to call and ask about special weekends.) Some of the things offered are as follows:

Controlled access
    Credit / debit cards
    Portable drinking water
    Dumping station
    Mobile pump-out service
    Ice
    Small convenience store
    Owners on site
    Playgrounds
    Cabin rentals
    Reservations
    Restaurant/Snack bar (open Thursdays to Sundays and Holiday Mondays)
    Community hall
    Free showers
    Flush toilets
    Laundromat
    Pull-through sites
    15, 30 and 50 amp
    Some sites with sewer hook-up
    Water and electricity on all sites
    Picnic tables on all sites
    Fire pit on each site
    Motorcycles welcome
    Welcome to animals on leash (registered campers only)

IT was the first vacation I ever paid for and saved up for with my own money. I really had a good time and still have the mug I bought from there.

3. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    H.C. Heartland ! your shared post is very interesting as well as informative for me and other readers. Your shared experience fascinates me to be there for fun. I would like to go to Evergreen as soon as possible for a lovely experience like you have.
    joyful728! Pacific Rim National Park is also a great place to enjoy camping at the edge of the beach. you will find there, natural beauty all around you. It is a worth visiting place.

4. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    I have good experience of camping in Waterton Lakes National Park. This park is very famous around the world because it is only park of the world that boasts three designations like; a world heritage sight, a Biosphere reserve and an International Peace Park. You can enjoy the views of; rolling mountains, prairie grasses and beautiful coastlines at this camping sight.

5. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I also had great time and experiences of camping and trekking at Canadian Rockies. it is located at the north side of America. There we captured some of nature's best and worthwhile views. I we camped near Lake O'Hara. We had ever lasting pleasant effects on our memories. I would love to visit there once again along with my friends. Have you guys ever been there before???

6. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Lake O'Hara is a beautiful destination of British Columbia, Canada. This lake is accessible by the bus. I have been there with my friends and we have been booked these tours three months in advance online. This region is well known for its scenery and alpine hiking.

7. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I am from Eastern Canada and there are a number of great places to camp here. We have some beautiful countryside and a lot of wooded areas and undeveloped land. They are mountains, lakes, rivers and even the bay and ocean. We have so many great campgrounds right on the water. We offer many beautiful nature parks which offer remote camping year around. Winter camping is an adventure in itself. You can check out the Atlantic Coast online. I promise you that you won't be disappointed if you choose to explore our part of the country.

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Canada is a fabulous place that offers plenty of camping destinations around there. I personally had experienced there about three months ago. It was nice weather and Banff national park was really worth for camping. I would love to go there again.

9. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I am so glad for having such a good and most fabulous time for all of us.

will be affordable.

10. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow.,.. I would say you shared massive details here. I am sure your shared stuff would be useful for all travel fellows might be looking for information before planning a vacation. Great work, keep it up!!

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds like an amazing camping experience! You have described the place very well, and I can imagine how beautiful and relaxing it must have been. I admire your passion for camping and your sense of adventure. You also did a great job of saving up for your vacation and making it happen. I’m glad you still have the mug as a souvenir of your trip. It must be very special to you.