Camscanner: A Very Useful App For Documentation

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by leovew • Jun 13, 2015.

1. leovew

leovewNew Member

Threads:
    Has any of you heard of the mobile app CamScanner? CamScanner is available both on Play Store and App Store. It is an app that allows you to capture an image of a document (say a Driver's License or an Income Tax Return) and enhance it to look like or almost like a scanned document using an actual scanner. I stumbled upon this app on the Productivity category of Play Store 3 years ago and I've been using it ever since. It is especially helpful in my line of work where I have to meet clients outside our office, like in a cafe or a restaurant, and have to gather all their required documents in that moment. It has a re-shaping feature that makes the document you 'scanned' a perfect square/rectangle in a proportional way.

Have you tried this app? If yes, has it helped you in one way or another? Has it made your work easier? And if not, then why don't you give it a try? :)

2. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Really? I am taking and receiving photo's daily and would LOVE this app!
    Thank you for sharing I am going to check it out and see if it's what I am looking for.

3. Aasif Khan

Aasif KhanMember

Threads:
    I have used Camscanner before. But it consumes time by processing the image when you are scanning photos individually. To save the time first take the photos of the documents as usual with your camera app. Then open Camscanner and choose the photos you want to process from the Gallery. You can even create a PDF document with a list of photos.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It sounds useful enough. A more involved solution involves mounting a smartphone camera so that it captures exactly the area of a regular document, or piece of paper. You don't need an app to make photos look like they were actually scanned when you can make those results without the assistance of an app. Then you have to deal with processing issues for the app, but it's bound to be useful for plenty of people.