Can anyone get rich pushing items like these?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by footballtim • Sep 1, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    By now, many people feel that if they invent a product like one of the 'As Seen On TV' products, they will get rich.

It involves more than just inventing something. Your product should at least resemble something that has actually worked, although some really do not.

Also, you have to be able to make it something believable to almost everyone. If you cannot fool enough people, than you will be out of business.

2. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    I suspect that a savvy entrepreneur can, perhaps, profit for a short time from a popular item.

However, as soon as people start complaining and sales start to slip, some of these items end up in the local Dollar store. I've seen them there time and again.

I would imagine that ending up in the dollar store bargain bin is a pretty good indication that an ASOT product is a failure!

3. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I don't think these type of products will make a person rich over the long run. Just seems like a get-rich-quick scheme that often times is a dead end.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    These inventions require a lot of work that the views don't see. It's not as easy as it sounds, and there's a slim chance of actually getting a TV spot. Honestly there's too much competition in this market, so it's difficult to get your product seen by the masses. If it was that easy to make money everyone would be rich, but of course that's not true. I'm sure if you research how to get started making your own products it can lead to success.

5. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Other than impulse purchases, I doubt any wise buyer falls for those marketing gimmicks in those marketing clips. Checking online reviews before making a purchase, and availing of moneyback guarantees are the norm nowadays. If something does not deliver what it promises, you are entitled to a refund - there are consumer protection laws for this in most countries.

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Fool enough people? If you fool enough people, you will find the cops knocking on your door. It's hard to say whether the product must be useful to be sellable. I remember the pet rock craze many years ago. It was a perfectly useless idea and yet it sold like crazy.

[​IMG]

7. jonateen

jonateenNew Member

Threads:
    Yes you could become well off with inventions, but most inventions fail, that's why you need a lot of ideas and hope that a few of them are winners. Like the mop that you never have to touch dirty water, just makes sense. The problems we face are what brings solutions. They even have a new egg cracker, I probably wouldn't buy that. I like to think about money making ideas.

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I think a good sales person can sell anything. It all comes down to good marketing. Thats what really sells the lame products anyway. Once they get the hype going the rest will take care of its self. We have seen this over and over again. Cabbage Patch Kids, Teddy Ruxpin, Talking Elmo Doll, Beanie Babies, need I say more? :)