Can I Get A Better Deal For The New Iphones?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by debtfreegoal • Mar 19, 2016.

1. debtfreegoal

debtfreegoalNew Member

Threads:
    OK, so basically, me and hubby need to up upgrade to the latest iPhone. We have the 6, but they're both 16gb and we've realized it's hardly enough space. So we're both upgrading to the 128 6s.

Also, hubby is a big runner and wants to get the Apple Watch. I've calculated that we'll be spending close to 1500 total. I don't want to have to put this on credit, but it looks like I'll have to unless someone can direct us to a better deal? We already spent nearly 5000 upgrading to the latest Macbooks (ours were nearly 2 years old), but that had to go on credit, too.

I don't want to activate another credit card, but I can't seem to find a better deal anywhere. Any suggestions?

2. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, find a college kid (with a DOT edu email address) and tag along with him. If he gets you like $200 discount on something, give him 50 bucks and tell him thanks. Is that wrong? I don't know. I think the kid didn't have 50 bucks in his pocket and now he does, so if this is something you're fine with, try it.

3. debtfreegoal

debtfreegoalNew Member

Threads:
    I've never thought of something like that! We're desperate for any solution, so I may need to ask my niece. But then I'm assuming the phone is somehow going to be under her name? I'll need to bring her to the Apple store and see what kind of complications this is going to bring.

4. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. But, that can be easily changed. Here is the official link explaining the whole thing: