Can you hold your liquor?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Scottie • Mar 6, 2014.

1. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    My friends always worry about me when I go out to drink, because they know I will get drunk. I would estimate that 50-80% of the times I drink, I get drunk. Not "good feeling" drunk. I'm talking about stumbling, needing to be carried, almost incomprehensible (speech) drunk, at the worst.

Is this you or do you know your limit ?

2. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I can definitely hold my liquor. I always seem to know the perfect amount to drink where I'm in a happy place and everything is good. I've never blacked out from drinking, which I know a lot of people have, and I've only gotten sick once or twice (I believe that I got sick because of the food I ate, not due to the fact that I was drinking). I remember basically everything that happens when I drink, and I always have a fun time!

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to drink as much as my body can take. I normally do not like drinking too much that I become a burden to my friends who might end up trying to carry me. I always try to stay the most sober among my friends.

4. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I used to drink constantly. Not even hard drinks, I preferred beer as a 16 year old girl. I would hang out with my guy friends and we'd go to bars almost every week. I was literally the only girl in the gang. Not that I didn't like hanging out with my girl friends, they just never liked beer as much as I did. When I'm with the guys, I drink in a more mature and social way. I wouldn't stumble and fall from drinking a lot of beer, but I do remember that I couldn't keep my mouth shut. My secrets were pouring out like crazy.

On the other hand, when I'm out with my girls, this is where the stumbling and falling takes place. It's always hard liquor with my girls, and they tend to get me drunk fairly quickly.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink very often, but I can hold it fairly well, I am lucky I guess. My wife on the other hand can't drink too much or else the next day she won't get out of bed except to vomit, poor her. This happened just last weekend, she could have easily saved her money drinking and... her health!

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It looks like someone, I would say that would be you, needs to perhaps start exploring certain things on a deeper level. Nobody can tell you to stop drinking, that's a decision that you have to make yourself. Usually something happens sooner or later that will open your eyes. As a direct consequence of having grown up with parents who couldn't hold their liquor, I left that destructive and abusive environment when I was only 16. I then started to drink heavily myself to "drown my sorrows" but decided that it is the wrong path. So one day I decided to never touch that stuff again. And to this day, many years later, I have kept this promise to myself.

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I always drink responsibly, so yes I can hold my liquor for sure. I'm not the type of person that drinks for escapism or to be the cool cat at the party. I drink occasionally and I drink because I like to have a little boost of spirit, but mostly because I like the taste. I'm a sweet mouth and I just love good tasting things.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Seasoned drinker here, lol. I can easily drink almost an entire bottle of liquor in one evening if I am up for it. I wouldn't say I can necessarily "hold" it in the sense that I am functional and coherent - but I can stay awake and keep drinking without a hitch. I just won't pass out unconscious after a few drinks, I will continue to stay up and party even more. I can usually out drink most of the people I am around, but thankfully we mainly do this at each others houses and almost never at bars these days. I would be far to embarrassed to get that sloppy drunk in public.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe you've heard of the myth that alcohol does help getting the creative juices flowing. I'm an artist so anytime I'm working I drink like a fish. Because I've done that for a looong time, a few bottles won't get me tipsy. So yeah, I can hold my liquor.

10. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I absolutely can not hold my liquor. I can't handle a lot without getting ill. I get either really chatty and spill out things I don't want to be talking about really, or I drunk text my aunt, who usually thinks its funny and she never holds it against me. I will turn on YouTube videos and play old music videos from my high school days, alcohol and myself just do not mix well.

11. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Oh sure - part of it's practice isn't it? Of course, the other part of it is just having the structure for it. Like I'm built like a tank and my drinking reflects that sure. On top of that I have a method sure - you gotta stay hydrated and you can't drink while hungry. So load on carbs and make sure to have some Powerade about and you should be mostly alright. Also you got to know your limit - last you need is to black out when the tide is coming in or go waltzing off into traffic, right?