Can you withdraw your PayPal funds in your country?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 30, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Transferring your Paypal funds to a bank account may be possible in the US or in different countries in Europe, but it's not here. There's no way of getting your virtual money turned into a check. This is why I've always spent the money I make online, as I'm unable to withdraw it.

What about you, does PayPal allow you to withdraw your funds in your country? Have you ever done it?

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you live? Also why do you need a check? Can't you just attach an existing bank account so that you can withdraw into that account? Or hey try getting an online banking account just so you can try cutting a check. Or hey maybe you can just apply for the paypal card so you can use an ATM.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Argentina. No that can't be done here, the only way to do it is cashing out a check in a certain bank that isn't available in my city. PayPal only lets people withdraw their funds in certain countries.

4. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I don't think paypal even issues checks. I live in Canada, and the only option we have is Bank Transfer. I have never used it, but I may in the future if my balance gets high enough. Please correct me if im wrong.

5. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Well, yeah, but I live in the US :) When my balance gets decent, usually over $50.00 I go ahead and transfer it to my bank account. Takes a few days, but then it is there.

6. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    Hm, I have just recently started earning my own money online and have begun to save up in my Paypal account. It hadn't occurred to me that I may not actually be able to cash in my earning so to speak... Oh well, if it turns out I can't then it shouldn't be too big an issue, I do most of my shopping online anyway. :)

7. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:

Paypal doesn't turn your money into a check, all they do is transfer to your bank account. All you need is a bank account to have your money in your account in about 3 days.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I live in the U.S and I just made a withdrawal today. I always can withdraw my funds otherwise I wouldn't use PayPal. I think there are restrictions based on where you live, but there's nothing you can do about it. I would suggest you open an account with the bank that PayPal is with and you can take out money. I'm sure you can open an account online and that would make it easier to withdraw your funds.

9. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    The other day I went to find out how to withdraw my money. Apparently I have to open an online banking account with another bank that I don't bank with to transfer my money into and then only can I transfer it again to my own bank account. As I understand it, according to the laws of my country, I am not able to keep my money in the Paypal account for more than 30 days or use it to make online purchases while it is still in my Paypal account.

10. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    That is only if you live in certain countries. Only about 50 countries can receive payment from Paypal....and there are more than 200 countries in the world. It is to do with each countries legislation etc. There is always a way around it though. You can see if you can open a credit card from an international or online bank and link that to your PayPal account - and receive your funds to that account.

Read the small print on the site and contact other people in your country to see how they are doing it. Most countries in Africa and other poor parts of the world are not able to withdraw PayPal funds. There is a way, you just have to find it. All the best.

11. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    Whoa, what?! You are only allowed to keep it in your account for up to 30 days? Where is it you live anyway? I certainly hope this isn't the case for me... that will really put a downer on my day. Where did you find out this info? :(

12. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    You should be just fine in Scotland.

The only countries that have this issue are those in South America, Africa and certain Asian countries, as far as I know. Europe, the States and Canada are all fine. Oceania I have absolutely no clue about, but I imagine it's fine as well.

13. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I can't believe that your country do not allow you to transfer funds from your paypal to your bank account. Maybe it;s just that your paypal is not yet verified. Have you tried verifying your paypal account with a visa or master card?

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Can't you get the Paypal debit card? Then you can go to any ATM and withdraw cash, or use it like a credit card. I live in the USA and I love the Paypal debit card. Its has really saved me quite a few times.

15. boyuancy

boyuancyNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I can withdraw PayPal funds in my country. Rather, PayPal withdraws it for me. If I leave my money in my PayPal account for more than a week, it gets automatically withdrawn.

16. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've used PayPal's Bank Transfer and it's worked just fine for me. Got my money within 3-4 days too.

As for the OP, I'm sorry to hear that PayPal still hasn't made Argentina available in your country for money withdrawals. I'm in the US where PayPal started so I've always been able to transfer my PayPal balance to my bank when it gets high enough.

17. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I can. I just usually do a bank transfer that takes around 2-4 days. But if I need money right away and don't want to wait, I just transfer the money to my debit card which is linked to my paypal.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in the US and I can transfer money to my bank account, put it on my Paypal debit card, or transfer to my daughter's Paypal student debit card so she can have some allowance money.
    I was angry at Paypal a few months ago because the first debit card they sent me was defective and it took them a long time to send me a replacement. But once they did send the replacement card, it's actually pretty convenient to use the card.

19. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sucks. I live somewhere in Asia, and withdrawing my PayPal funds to my personal bank account is a complete breeze. PayPal was really accommodating, too, since I initially had problems with my PayPal name and bank name not matching up, but they fixed it all up for me. I've been regularly withdrawing the funds I've been earning since.

20. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes Paypal allows me to withdraw funds to my bank account. Paypal does issue checks but they take a long time to arrive and even longer to encash. Not to mention that your bank would take a cut every time for currency conversion and processing. Another option is to find an online site that accepts Paypal money and is able to deposit into bank account in your country. Unfortunately I don't have a recommendation as I have never used such services but I know that such services exist. Search for "Paypal to Argentina bank account" in Google and you are likely to find some answers.