Candy bouquets or naturall flowers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by fancy • Mar 31, 2013.

1. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I have recently developed a strong interest in candy bouquets because they are a better alternative than natural flowers. Among the reasons why I think they are great include, not having to worry about withering of the flowers. I also get to enjoy the candies when the celebration is done. Ii think they are also quite romantic compared to normal flowers because they often have a stronger personal touch compared to flowers bouquets. What is your experience with candy bouquets. If you were asked to choose between candy bouquets and natural flower bouquets, which one would you opt for and why? Share your views.
    Just to recap, where can i learn how to make such bouquets because I want to make for my family in this year's Christmas celebrations!

2. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used a candy bouquet yet, but when I got married, instead of using real flowers, I used an artificial ones. I think it's better than the real one as i don't really have time to choose real flowers and we also have a small budget. There are lots of alternatives now when it comes to wedding bouquets. Some prefer to use unique bouquets than the real flowers.

Just look at these samples of bouquets and I think real flowers won't look like these!

wedding-bouquet-artificial-rose-flowers-bridal.original-brooch-bouquet-of-artificial-flowers-1-500x500.1398945623655612_a602x602.alternative-wedding-bouquets.

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    You can also look at this site for bouquet ideas.

I'm not sure if they have tutorials in every topic though.

I also found this website..

#3Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have only recently started to hear about candy bouquets or even editable ones. Prior to that I found myself liking the silk flower arrangements more then the natural ones. These never die and can be kept for years on end. Yes they tend to need washing or dusting but these don't need to be thrown away. I now find that I also like the idea of the candy bouquet. Because its a clever way to actually give two gifts instead of just one. Your giving someone a bouquet but your also giving them candy that they can enjoy later on.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    For me, it's real flowers every time. I love the smell and the look of them. Okay they may not last long, but while they're here they're wonderful. Nothing beats the appearance of fresh flowers, and they lift my mood like nothing else can. It's no contest as far as I'm concerned.

6. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I personally haven't received or gave anyone a candy bouquet, but I would definitely prefer them to fresh flowers. Flowers are beautiful, but like the OP mentioned, candy bouquets have the ability to become much more personalized. You can't do much with flowers, aside from looking at them, but you can certainly enjoy candy. :)

7. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I think candy bouquets are an innovative alternative to natural flowers. I have seen some people mix natural flowers with candy bouquets to cater for people who want to enjoy the fresh scent of natural flowers and still have some bites when the party is over. I think candy bouquets have more to offer than just natural flowers because you can share them with friends and family when your date gives you a candy bouquet during your date. I think they are mostly meant for women though majority of the buyers are male! This means if you have a candy bouquet business, your target consumers would mostly be women though the buyers are men. If it is for a wedding, having candy bouquets along the isle instead of natural flowers would also bring in a new-foreign scent due to the sweet smell of chocolate and cookies and sweets in general. Your guests can each have some candy! I think that would be a memorable wedding too

8. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of a candy bouquet instead because it will last as long as you want it to. However, I don't really eat candy so it wouldn't be something I would personally be able to utilize. Therefore, I still rather receive flowers. They are beautiful but they just don't last very long. I rather get a tea sampler or something.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would much rather receive a candy bouquet, because I love candy. And if I didn't eat it right away, I could stick it in the freezer and have it later. Real flowers die in 3 days and I don't think they're useful.
    I think flowers should stay on the plant. Heck, even a flowering plant is a better gift than flowers that have been severed from their life source.

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I love fresh flowers. I would much prefer a beautiful bouquet of flowers over a candy bouquet. I know some women don't like flowers, but quite a few people don't eat candy and some can't have it for medical reasons like diabetes. Flowers can be pressed and dried and used for art; once candy is gone, it's gone.

11. Grehamthorp

GrehamthorpBanned

Threads:
    I also never use candy bouquets but i heard that lots of people use this as a gift. Candy is good option because every person love candy but i don't think so that it might take a place of natural flowers.

#11Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  12. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I think it entirely depends on who is receiving the gift. And the type of situation matters as well. Personally I love real flowers and they smell so beautiful. But I have horrible allergies, so I would prefer either silk or candy flowers. Now there may be other people who are not really fans of sweets or chocolate. So obviously they would want silk or real flowers. I would think if this is a very special gift and something that will be treasured and remembered than silk would be best. Because they would last the longest of the three. So I guess when deciding what choice to make look at the situation at hand. And keep in mind that particual persons tastes and needs or wants.

13. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Ooo, can I opt for the third unspoken option? I love edible arrangements to death BUT only when they're fruit. I am not a fan of the candy arrangements. I love a good flower though.
    Fruit flowers has to be one of my favourite things to receive on a holiday you normally receive flowers for. It is immensely pricey if you order them but to make them it is ridiculously cheap. Time consuming? You bet. Cheap? Absolutely. So, I suppose you have to weigh those two yourself.

fruit.

#13Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  14. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I think candy bouquets are beautiful and unique. They would make a nice gift and they last longer than real flowers.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do love real flowers, though. Sometimes it's worth the price to have lovely, live flowers around. Candy bouquets are great, though, especially if you have someone who doesn't care that much about flowers or just has a sweet tooth =). Lots of personalization options for candy/food that you don't get with flower arrangements.