Candy Crush Soda Saga

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by isabbbela • Dec 24, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Being on vacation right now, I have a lot of free time on my hands. And that means I have a lot of time to play silly games and watch silly TV shows. And I have been doing those a lot! The game of the hour for me is the Candy Crush Soda Saga! I used to play re regular Candy Crush before and stopped because it was getting too hard. And this one is equally addictive!!!! I play all day long and when I run out of lives I want to throw my phone away. But then I think that if I throw it away I will not be able to play more so I rethink that decision and keep it. I don't go around buying more lives because that would get really expensive. So I just sit and wait doing other things while I wait for my lives to reload.

As I have a lot of free time, please let me know the games that you think I would like!

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I looked up the app on the Play Store the moment I read this thread. I went straight to the reviews and found that they're mixed. Some people praise the gameplay and some people complain about level 160 being impossible to complete. Some people say that they have to wait 3 days before they could play again (unless they connect to Facebook of course). I'm downloading the game anyway though. Haha! I love these types of games. They're great time wasters.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Soda Saga has over 1,100,000 three-star or better reviews against just over 1,300,000 total reviews. I wouldn't call that a mixed response to any game, mobile or otherwise.

It's pretty similar to its predecessor, although there are a couple of big differences. I would definitely recommend the game to anyone that liked the original Candy Crush Saga. It's technically a standalone game and not a sequel, but most people just consider it a sequel anyways.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I went through the phase that you are going through now, at least five, four, or six months ago lol. Though much like you, the waiting for lives to re-load wasn't so arduous that I felt like I had to actually get my purse out and waste real money on the game. I literally spent almost every waking hour on Facebook playing Candy Crush Saga, and when I got my Android tablet, I could then play Candy Crush Saga on the go lol. I don't like how manipulative the game is at times though. Some of those levels are damn near impossible, and they are not that way for the player's enjoyment, but to make money out of players. There are some levels that will take you over a month to complete.

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    It is an equally addicted game as the regular Candy Crush. Seriously, I've been a victim of addiction over this game. Now, i don't play as much though. There are so many other games popping out of nowhere and when you try it, then you have another game added to you mobile games addiction. Currently, I'm obsessed with Clash of Clans. It's an online strategic game. It's seriously one of the best out there.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    It was really out of boredom that I decided to install Candy Crush Soda Saga on my mobile. My husband is addicted to that game, and so, why not join the fun? It's been 3 days since I installed the game, and luckily I am not addicted yet. I only play it when I am bored or have nothing to do or if I needed a break from my work.

7. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    I can't pass my single day without playing Candy Crush at least one time. I like long time games and in my friend circle most have this game and we all challenge each other and set competition on mind, I don't think this game is waste of time but you can say "best passing time".

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh no, I've already immersed too deeply in the world of Candy Crush to the point of sacrificing other games. Although currently stuck at level 443, there's hardly a day when I don't play this app. I swore to myself not to get addicted to another game (maybe 2048 is an exception) until after I reach level 500. I'll give Candy Crush Soda Saga a try after reaching my target level.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't play games, but I get inundated with invitations to play games such as Candy Crush. I believe it's very popular, but I really have no interest in playing it. I have tried to post not so nice messages on my wall to tell people to stop sending me the invitations, to no avail. So I just ignore them and hope they get the message. I hear it's highly addictive, too.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    This is crazy. I have not played any of the Saga Crush games for over six months, and then I go on facebook yesterday through boredom, and played Candy Crush saga, and I ended up running out of lives. They suggested Candy Crush Soda saga, and if I could just get to level 11 then I'd get free bars for Candy Crush Saga. Then today I get a notification about this thread on here lol. Both games are very addictive. I do feel like the soda game is more challenging quicker than the first one though.

11. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Meh. It's a fun game, but the company behind Candy Crush has done some skeezy things to other, smaller developers to protect their copyrights. They tried to copyright the word 'candy', for pity's sake. And 'saga', which almost ruined another company's game, one that I really enjoyed. I'll pass.

Games similar to Candy Crush are a dime a dozen on phones. If you need to pass the time you might want to look into a city bulding-esque game like The Simpsons: Tapped Out, or the Family Guy equivalent. Guess it depends on whether or not you like those shows, though.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    I didn't know that information prior to reading your post lol. I can't believe that they went as far as to do all of that. Ridiculous. Were they really that threatened? Sheesh. I am not shocked though, because when you are playing the Saga Crush games they do some pretty skeezy things to try to get you to spend money on their gold bars and in game boosts and such.

13. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    It gets even skeezier when you take into account the fact that they copied someone else's game concept for Candy Crush, then sued the original designer. Real class act.

If I remember recent news correctly King Games just got bought out by a larger company, so perhaps their questionable business practices are over and done. Or not. Who knows.

14. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I also was on the bandwagon for Candy Crush when it was real popular. I got so far and then I couldn't ever get passed the level so I gave up on it. I have not played another game of it or any of the other games that are similar. I got tired of it being so difficult just because I got in the high levels. Now there are so many games out there like Candy Crush it isn't even funny. I did have fun with it when I could get through the levels.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    There are a few stages that will have you playing them for about a week before you are able to get past them. If you need more lives and would like to save money and avoid paying for lives, I would suggest a little trick that I recently discovered. That trick involves setting the clock on your phone or computer forward, so that there is no waiting time between lives. The more chances you take, the more likely you will be to pass a hard level.

16. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip. I might have to try that and see if I can get anywhere with it.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    And then obviously, when you are done cheating the game, set your clock back to the correct time. When you do change the times, make sure you disable the feature where your phone can automatically seek out the correct time for your timezone, otherwise the moment that you change the time, it will just go right back again, and the game will not have any lives for you to use.

18. paleblueskies

paleblueskiesNew Member

Threads:
    I have been playing Candy Crush for over 4 years now, and I have been stuck on the same level for about a month, but I just here recently discovered they had a new game. I love both of the games. Their challenging, fun and entertaining.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    What game would that be? I am only aware of the fact that they have two games out - the Candy Crush Saga, and the Candy Crush Soda. I am finding that each time they put out a new game, the perks are less and you have to spend more money if you do not want to be stuck on the same level for months on end. With the first game they had ways for you to get free boosts and passes daily. With the second game there is NONE of that. You have to pay or grind it out, which I think is a little bit annoying.

20. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play Candy Crush as well back when it was the "in" game. Lol. I remember people in Facebook ask for "lives" quite often. I almost always see my classmates playing Candy Crush when we're in our break. And oh, sometimes, I see them playing during our classes as well. Oops, let's keep that a secret. Hahaha!

Anyway, I graduated from Candy Crush and moved on to time-management games. I love Diner Dash because it allows you to level up without rushing you into the game. You can take your time and redo levels that you have low grades as well.

I also loved Tiny Villagers which is also a time-management game. All you have to do is make your villagers adept to village life. It's like Sims but in a more province-like setting.