Candy Outlet Stores

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Ke Gordon • Oct 22, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am going to Walmart tomorrow, and while I am there I plan to visit a nearby Red Rocker candy outlet. I really hope they have good prices as I have been disappointed in some so called retail candy store outlets. There is a Russell Stover "Outlet" near here and I swear their prices are higher than a retail store. I will pick up some Christmas gifts tomorrow, if the prices are affordable. Do you ever go to candy "outlet" stores, and if so, what do you think of the prices?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of candy outlets. I would be afraid of candy that was smashed or damaged during transport. I would buy that candy for myself, but I don't think I would give it out for Christmas or for gifts.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, that is your choice. I can tell you have never been to one. Typically the candy looks exactly like it does in the stores, and the wrapping and so forth is the same. They are just overstocked or seconds or didn't sell, like any other outlet store....maybe not passing quality control..or something. The average person can not tell the difference between outlet store candy and that sold in the retail store. It is like shopping in a clothing outlet store.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been to these type of places before and Ke's right, they're just overstocks or with tiny imperfections. A slight mis-print on the box or a little ripple in the wrapping. Nobody would ever notice unless they were specifically looking for it.

5. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Huh. I didn't know there was such a thing either. Probably isn't where I live. It makes sense, though - so much candy is created for specific holidays, and then the price drops like a rock immediately after said holiday. I'm sure entire stores could be built around selling the leftovers. I'll have to look for something like that 'round here, 'cause lord knows I love candy...

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of the malls in our area have outlet candy stores which gives a person the chance to try different candy by the pound, it is fun and very dangerous to the diet. There was one that gave samples of the fudge, boy was that fudge good.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do see some candy oulets in the malls, and what caught my eye is that tthey sell those candies by weight, for example if you want to buy Gummy Bears, they will put it on a plastic and weigh it according to how much serving that you bought. I don't buy candies nowadays though since I would prefer pastries over candies.

8. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Once went to the Lindt candy outlet and I was in heaven because of the wide selection. Truthfully, I only buy the candy at Target, so I can't say if there was a big price difference. I'm just glad this place isn't near my house.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't have those here but we do have stores specifically catering to sweets and confectioneries. I tend not to buy from those stores though because they are usually higher priced so unless they have a product I can't find elsewhere I'd just buy from a grocery store. If we had one of these stores here though I'd probably be a frequent shopper there because I have nieces and nephews that are fond of sweets. I myself am not, so they are the only ones I'd really buy sweets for, and being able to buy a lot more with a small amount of money can definitely be helpful.