Canned Foods You Love

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 30, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Canned foods might not be as popular nowadays as they were back then, since people are a lot more conscious with their food and I'm no exception to this. Still, I find it hard to give up some of the canned foods that I've grown up accustomed to, specifically, Spam. It feels so unhealthy to eat, and I can't help but crave for it from time to time, but I guess it's not really that bad since it's a good brand anyway. Also, I don't really like the variations on it, I just prefer the original, unless you guys have any favorite Spam flavors that I just haven't tried yet, I might change my mind.

spam_hormel_foods_product.

Any personal favorite canned foods you just can't quit?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had Spam in years! I loved it as a kid but not so much as an adult. I didn't even know that they made flavored Spam. I usually don't buy a lot of canned foods but I do really like the canned veggie combination with corn, tomatoes and okra. I first tried it as a side dish for pan seared salmon and wild rice. It is a nice change from other veggies and really does go well with the fish and rice. I think right now, it would be my favorite canned food.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I was just explaining to my girlfriend what potted meat is...People think it is gross and honestly I can't blame them because it looks terrible. I think potted meat tastes great though on a sandwich.

4. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I really like tinned soup, even more so than fresh soup I reckon!

5. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Tuna is canned but it's healthy!

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say that I enjoy spam, and I'm not even a big fan of canned soup, though it is convenient, so I still buy it.

I'd probably say tuna or canned salmon. Not better than the real thing, but I'd never buy fresh tuna or salmon in order to make tuna or salmon salad. And I actually enjoy it right out of the can. I also like sardines and kippered snacks. I know. I'm weird.

7. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    If you're weird, then I am too! ;) I love any kind of canned fish. But my all time favorite canned food is stewed tomatoes. In the summer when I have my garden, I make them fresh, but otherwise I buy them in a can. I can open the can and eat them straight! That's how much I love them.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I totally forgot about canned tuna, thanks for pointing it out. I always associated canned goods with being unhealthy, but I suppose this would be the exception, and probably also beans. I personally love canned tuna, but I usually go for ones soaked in oil instead of just water, so even with tuna I think I gravitate towards the unhealthier option. :)

9. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Canned tuna is the best. I love it with salt water, but I can eat as well with oil or olive oil. I also like sardines with tomato sauce, if it's spicy I don't mind. I think there are really healthy and economic foods.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that canned tuna, corned beef, and sausages are my fave canned foods. I actually still buy them when I don't have anything to eat at home.

11. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I add a can of corn to everything. Making a sald? Add a can of corn! Same goes if you are making a scramble, burritos or chicken. A can of corn makes every meal a little crunchier and sweeter. Love it!

12. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say my favourite canned foods have to be Spam, Heinz Tomato Soup & Heinz beans. I love Heinz products :)

13. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I love tuna and and sweetcorn. Those two make an amazing combination. If you take your tuna and add mayo to it and the make a sandwich. Add some sweet corn to this and if you have some other sauces then this can do too. That turns it into an amazing and delicious meal.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Canned corn beef is pretty glorious, especially with the right brand, I agree. I've been veering off of the cheaper corned beef brands lately though, I'm starting to distrust the quality I'm getting. Otherwise, I think the more expensive brands are alright and are very delicious.