Can't Afford Brand Name Purses?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • Aug 26, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Coach, Michael Kors, Burberry, all these brands have something in common - they break your wallet! But there is a way that you CAN save money on these bags.

First - think that they are not a need, they are a want. If you're just purchasing it to match your outfit, then there is no need to purchase it at regular price, you can definitely wait. Wait for the sale, clearance, and that semi-annual sale they always have.

Second - check online more often. You'd be surprised just how cheap the items are at their online stores, why? Because they need to make more room for new inventory. Coming from a retail background, stores send the old to the warehouses where they are discounted heavily in order to make room for new items.

Third - Take advantage of any happy hours and extra savings coupons that stores may have. If you are like me and shop at an outlet, at certain times, these stores have what they call "happy hour" where they give an additional percentage off their items. Definitely take advantage of this!

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with these. I don't understand why some people feel the need to buy expensive purses even if they cannot afford it. I take advantage of clearances, deals, and coupons when looking for something that I want to buy.

3. chloedwaters

chloedwatersNew Member

Threads:
    I certainly agree with these tips. I'm not the type of person to drop hundreds of bucks for a single bag just to keep up with the trends. But it is nice to occasionally treat yourself when you see a really good sale or find a nice back for an irresistible clearance prices. But I've never had any problem with my 30$ bags that I buy at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way. I won't spend over $50 on a purse. I just had a Tommy Hilfiger purse stolen out of my car and to replace it I bought black leather purse from Marshall's for $25. I love it. I look for functionality of the purse over brand names. I would carry a designer bag only if I was able to get an incredible deal on it, perhaps at an outlet but otherwise I'll stick my $25 purse.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I always wait until purses go on sale because I do not have a couple hundred dollars to spend on one. You can even buy used ones from consignment stores and save a bunch of money. They are often still in very good condition. Just be careful that you are not buying a knock off by mistake.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    TK Maxx is a great option for discounted purses, wallets and bags. Yes, they are generally last seasons stock but let's face it, these type of items don't come in and out of fashion at the same rate as clothes do. Plus, many of the offerings are classic styles which wil llook on trend for years to come.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to get my purses from TJMax or Marshalls to save money. Target has some nice purses, they may not be name brand but I don't care about that. I am more interested in the function of the purse. I get some nice purses from the second hand stores also.

8. mayracasillas

mayracasillasNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, That is too much high class rate which can't afford by anyone.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also refuse to spend too much on handbags and purses. I just nip over to my trusty TK Maxx and get all my stuff from there. Granted, it doesn't always last LOL

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, and sometimes you can get these purses even at yard sales, rummage sales or flea markets. My friend told me her friend found a genuine Coach Bag at a Rummage sale for some ridiculously low price. I think it was like 3.00 or something. Online yardsales like through facebook may be another way to get a great price. Someone was selling Coach bags for 30.00. Of course, many of these items may be knock offs, but at that price, who cares??