Can't Cook? Learn — It Will Save You Money

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Jun 18, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Take a look at the stats below:

29% of Adults in the U.S can't cook — can't even boil an egg and must for that reason buy all the food they eat.

16% of women in the UK and obviously more than 16% of men can't cook and must also buy most of the food they eat.

It's quite clear from those figures that most people aren't good at cooking and would for that reason prefer to "eat out." How much money would people save if they could make themselves a tastier meal than one they could get at some fancy restaurant? All it takes is finding recipes and trying to make a meal from scratch . . . until you get it right.

Being a good cook can save you a lot of money because you won't find restaurant food that appealing any more.

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    This is a very good post, and I agree with it 100%. If you can't cook, it is certainly something that you should be trying to learn, because just being able to cook food from scratch means that you are able to cut back on the amount of money that you need to spend on your meals. I can make food for as little as 50p per portion when I cook it from fresh, and that is a great thing to be able to do. Whereas if I bought a ready meal it would be at least £3, and if I went out for a meal it would be at least £6 depending on where I went. So yes, have a look at some easy recipes online, and see if there is anything that you try for yourself!