Can't Use my Paypal to pay for GoDaddy Domain Registration

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by eppie • Jun 15, 2014.

1. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I was planning to buy a domain from GoDaddy but somehow the option to pay via Paypal is not possible/visible on my end. I don't know if this is true for other Paypal users though. Their website clearly indicates that they are accepting Paypal and I remember that I was able to purchase a domain from them before using my Paypal so I'm wondering what's the issue right now. :confused:

Has anybody encountered Paypal issues with Godaddy.com?

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've had friends who have bought domain names through paypal, so I know it works. Have you tried contacting there customer service department yet? Maybe it's just bugged for you for some reason? That would be the place to start. Also, if you don't live in the U.S, they might not accept payment for some reason.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you were using a proxy or VPN while making the registration, the transaction won't go through because paypal can't verify that the owner of the account [based on the originating IP they are using] is the one making the payment. If you weren't using a VPN or proxy then I'd suggest contacting Paypal's support so they can explain to you why you're unable to make the registration.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't use PayPal to pay for the last domain I purchased through GoDaddy. It was a 99cent deal. I think that's the reason why I couldn't use my account. I just used my PayPal debt card. I'm not sure about normal circumstances since GoDaddy isn't my preferred domain registrar.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I just bought a domain a week ago and I always use paypal when buying domains. I purchased a regular .com domain through godaddy.ca

So I am not sure why there would be an issue.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm that's very strange because I also tried registering my domain with GoDaddy before but I found I couldn't pay using PayPal. I decided to go with Yahoo Small Business then and everything went quickly and smoothly.

I didn't try to figure out why I couldn't use PayPal that time.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've had this problem in the past as well and I also got terribly confused at the time since everyone was telling me - including their site - that I could just use Paypal to pay for a domain at GoDaddy but when I was trying to purchase one, the option was just not available to me. At the time, I just assumed that it was probably due to my geographic location and that Paypal might just be available as a payment option mostly for only U.S. residents and other major countries. It was such a hassle at the time because it was the first time I ever was going to be purchasing a domain and I was looking forward to it only to get blocked by this obstacle.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As another poster suggested, you should just sign up for their PayPal debit card. It's free and there are no hidden fees or annual fees to use it. In fact, I think it earns you some cash back the more you use it. That way, you can use it with any place that takes Mastercard. Even if they don't offer a PayPal option during the checkout, the PayPal card will still work.

I would be very careful though when it comes time to renew your domain names. You should probably un-check the auto-renew option unless you are certain you will have the funds in there to cover it. The other problem you can run into is if you switch banks over the course of this year, because PayPal won't let you remove the old bank account right away when you associate a new bank account with your PayPal account. They have a tendency to bill the wrong account if the funds aren't in your PayPal account - which can set off a string of insufficient funds fees. To make things worse, these are all automated by PayPal, and they will try to process them a total of three times. The PayPal reps can't stop this either, for some goofy reason.

9. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I think Godaddy m not be allowing the use of Paypal for their 87% Off deals such as $0.99 .com domains. I have tried without much success. This is my third attempt.... I think I have to go back to 1&1 where the payment is seamless.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that anyone that has a PayPal account just go ahead and get the PayPal debit card. There is a $4.95 per month fee, but that's about in line with what of banks are charging for checking accounts these days. Very simple process to sign up for one, and it only takes a week or two to receive your card in the mail.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That's odd, I have a PayPal debit card, and they aren't charging me any monthly fees. I wonder if they have different types of debit cards.

With regards to GoDaddy, I think I may have accidentally screwed myself out of getting any more 99 cent domain names from them, due to a recent support call I had with one of their reps. They were trying to sell me some GoDaddy premium membership, which would give me exclusive discounts on domain name purchases, for one flat annual fee. I explained to them that I wasn't interested when they pitched this to me, and stupidly told the rep that I just look for 99 cent coupon codes whenever I buy a domain from them. He got kind of irritated when I told him that, and since then I noticed none of the 99 cent coupon codes will work now for me when I'm logged in.

12. MattMin2000

MattMin2000New Member

Threads:
    I had some Paypal issues with Godaddy.com too. I'm not sure what happened but when I used the coupon and the promo code, it wouldn't work for some reason. But the minute I didn't, I had a glimpse of hope that it would work but it didn't once again. I'm not sure why. I switched to another domain system like godaddy and it worked with paypal. I'm not sure why godaddy does this honestly.

13. MacInHot

MacInHotNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, Not only Godaddy, some registrars also have this situation.

When you use Promote code, the PayPal method will be disappeared on payment method !!!
    ( In their websites, they have not shown this rule to users )

Actually, I don't know why :(

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Go Daddy accepyts paypal payment. However, in order to use paypal on Go Daddy, your paypal account must be verified. Verifying paypalis easy, just enter your bank details and personal information and your acount will be verified. If you have verified paypal, sending payment to Go Daddy should not be very difficult. If your paypal is unverified, you will encounter errors.