Car Battery

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Ke Gordon • Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am going to have to get a car battery soon. I really don't think my battery will last the winter. I know at Advanced Auto they will give you 5.00 off a new battery for recycling your old battery, and they will install it as well. Who has the best prices for car batteries and installation?

2. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    Probably Wal-Mart. They have the lowest prices on most everything. Their batteries are comparable in performance to anywhere else you can buy them and they'll probably give you some money for the old one as well.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought my current vehicle battery at Walmart. I don't remember if they gave a discount for recycling the old battery. I've bought others there in the past, and have always been satisfied. The one before that was an emergency purchase, so I bought it from the place that ended up towing/repairing my vehicle.

I would say the best price would depend on what places you have around you. If you have to drive a long ways to get to a Walmart, that might not be the best option. I know PepBoys always seemed to be offering sales. I haven't checked them lately because I'm no longer living near one, and they were (I believe) just purchased by Bridgestone, so they may have some really good deals right now.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The car shop mechanic during the last maintenance check up of our car said that it's nearing time to change the battery. But we are afraid of a sudden low battery power because our Ford Escape is automatic so when the battery goes down, nothing can be done but a change of battery or with the use of series cable (we don't have that). What's good here is the replace battery on a home service scheme. So we called the battery dealer and our car's battery was replaced. For the old one? He took it with him in exchange of a 10% discount. Not bad eh?

5. Herry Das

Herry DasNew Member

Threads:
    We live in an era of great change and disruption. We also live in a world where many aspects of business are being disrupted by innovative cutting-edge technologies and innovative ways of thinking. It is very difficult to choose where can shop batteries of car online. In a short span of time BatteryBhai has emerged as the ultimate source for buying car batteries online. If anyone want to buy car battery then order for batteries at BatteryBhai on cheapest and best discount offer prices. Clients of BatteryBhai are getting their delivery within promised time frame. They are also getting free home delivery, free installation, cash on delivery facility and most importantly genuine & brand products with manufacturer warranty and after sales support.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last battery I purchased was from Walmart or Sears. I am not sure if I got a discount on the purchase. I do like to go to a auto care center that will install the battery rather than leave me on my own to figure it.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still need a battery, and I had to get a jump last week. It is going to be cold these next few days so I am going to go out and start it. I also need a cellphone battery..Maybe I should go to Walmart and get both! Well we will see. So many batteries...so little time sigh!

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    On the negative side, don't buy batteries online or from Wal-Mart. Those batteries are inferior - and in the case of Wal-Mart - you don't get free installation.and the batteries lack freshness. Also, in regards to the ones bought online, they don't come with a warranty.

Anyway, on the other hand, batteries bought from Sears or some auto specialty store like Auto Zone are great places to buy. Note, they have fresher batteries - and of course - specialty shops are going to better just all around.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our cars are maintained in the dealer’s shop. The manager there advised me to replace the battery even before it goes low because that can save me money. There is a battery delivery here that you can call when your car’s battery unexpectedly dies. However, the cost of the on-the-spot delivery is 50% higher than when you go to the battery store and have your battery replaced. And I guess some of the wise guys in my circle are already avoiding the delivery since you can always check your battery for the remaining power. And when it is nearing lobatt then it’s time to visit a store for the replacement.