Car Insurance Tip

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Jitters • Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jitters

JittersNew Member

Threads:
    Don't just solely accept a price comparison website when shopping for your renewal.
    Get the cheapest quote available and phone up your current insurer.
    Ask them if they can beat it or at least match it but with extras.

I've managed to wrangle free breakdown cover with my current insurer for the same price that the best comparison result offered

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Getting the lowest price quote may not always be the best thing, you do want to make sure the price you are paying gives you the same amount cover or better or you may find yourself paying out more money if you need repairs on your vehicle.

3. Jitters

JittersNew Member

Threads:
    As with any contract or agreement, read read read :)

And with buying something: if you don't ask, you don't get so may aswell try :)

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I had posted in another thread, it's funny when I received an email offer of a promo premium for car insurance. I usually ignore such emails but I know the company so I read it fully. And to get some benefit to compensate my effort, I forwarded it to the insurance agent that is handling our car insurance. You can guess that I was given a special discount to the amount of the offer in the email. Sometimes it pays when you shop for a cheaper price. You just have to exert an effort.

5. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with your statement when you said not to just go by websites. I called up the insurance company and told them what I was quoted online and they told me that it was just a quote, and came back with a price more than $75 dollars of what the site offered.

I felt like it was so misleading to have that website offer such a quote service and be wrong.