Carb Cycling

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by themotleyshopper • Apr 8, 2013.

1. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I'm just wondering if anyone else does any form of Carb cycling and how it's working out for you? I've been following Chris Powell's "Choose to Lose" method since December. Basically you alternate your high carb/low carb days. It's been very doable.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is this for people who work out? High-carb on training days and low-carb on non training days is a good way to minimize fat gain and build muscle. I wouldn't recommend high-carb if you are not training, though.

3. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    I follow carb cycling. And it has helped me to drop a huge fat percentage in short period of time.

This is my routine:
    3 high days
    2 low days
    2 high days
    2 low days (Last low day eliminate the rice)

Typically, on my low days I eat around 1850 calories (195g protein, 91g crabs and 79g fat)
    And on my high days I eat around 2300 calories (195g protein, 204g carbs and 79g fat)

My breakfast on both high and low days is about 660 calories. (largest meal of the day)

Eat 4 to 5 times a day. You should be good

4. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I've read about Carb cycling recently in a magazine, but I don't know anyone that has tried it. I have been successful on low Carb diets in the past, but I seem to have really gained a sensitivity to carbs over the years because I found it difficult to break 5 pounds on less than 20g of carbs per day.

I have been following the IF (intermittent fasting) where I fast for 16 hours and eat only during an 8 hour period. So far, I'm -5 lbs. In three weeks and I eat whatever I want.