Cashback - Are you getting it?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by rossonomous • Sep 25, 2013.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    So who is using a cash-back website when doing their online shopping?

Cash-back websites like quidco are great for regular online shoppers that want to make the most out of their purchases. You can purchase things like you normally would, but if you're registered through a cash-back website you can claim back a small percentage of the purchase. All of these small percentages add up and you can be saving hundreds a year depending on your shopping habits.

What is also great about these websites is that they offer their own exclusive deals that give you greater amounts of cash-back. So if you see something you were going to buy anyway, you can get it with an extra discount.

I'm not going to name any more specific websites, it only takes a really quick Google search to find plenty of them!

If you're not using a cash-back site, but you do a lot of online shopping, then I would highly recommend you get on this!

What experiences have you guys had?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am constantly using cash back when I shop because many websites offer up to 5% cash back and over a few months this really tends to add up. I use a website called ebates because it offers amazing deals for almost every website and who doesn't like home extra pocket money as a reward for shopping. I sure do.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I tried one cashback site a while ago and shopped using that website but never did I get any cash back so I figured all cashback sites were just a bunch of non sense. But lately I have been hearing good things of cashback sites and how much people have gotten using these sites. I shop a lot on ebay amazon and other online stores so I would love to get cashback on my purchases. I guess the site I had used just wasn't a good one. I'm thinking about trying it again and seeing what happens.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know if any that do ebay and amazon? The one I did before didn't have either just for like walmart kmart target stores like that which I don't mind it cause I sometimes shop online for these stores too but are there any for amazon and ebay? And also do you have to buy a certain thing to get the cashback or does it go for anything you buy?

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Both "TopCashBack" and "Quidco" do various offers on Amazon. I'm not 100% sure about Ebay though, I don't think there are many places that offer it.

Cash-back sites certainly aren't just a scam though. Of course there will always be a few sites here and there that let you down, but as long as you find the reputable ones you should be alright.

6. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    Well I know about eBay bucks which I receive for shopping on eBay.com. It is so beneficial because after shopping so much and spending all that money on eBay you can use the eBay bucks to shop and that drives me to trying my best to shop on eBay before any other site because of the benefits.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    The best cash back site for online shopping in my opinion is

. Almost every online retailer is on there, and now they even offer cash back for some categories on Amazon. They offer between 2% and 30% depending on the site and the time of year. They also post updated extra-savings codes (like free shipping). It is totally legit, and they mail you a check when your account is $5 or higher.

The best time of year to use them is actually right around Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I now do ALL MY CHRISTMAS shopping online, and I go through Ebates first. They have tons of bumped up rebates during that time of year, so I've earned 10% cash back on places like The Gap, and up to 30% off things like Omaha Steaks and flower delivery.

Anyway, it just makes sense. It isn't difficult and though sometimes the payout is low, when a random check shows up in the mail, it is always a good day.

8. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of these but don't have any first hand experience. I am going to sign up and compare the deals with Quidco and see which I prefer.