Cat toys

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Sep 4, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    In the last cat event that I attended, a store was exhibiting their products which consisted of various cat toys made of recycled materials. I thought that it was pretty cool, so I bought a ball-like one that my cats can chase and scratch when they want. Sadly, my cats are ignoring the ball. They didn't even play it once. When I visited the pet store again today, they had a special offer (Buy 1, Take 1) on all pet toys. I thought that this could be a pretty good deal, but I don't want to waste more money on things that my pets will just ignore.

Do you buy toys for your pets? Do they like them?

2. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    My cats have liked various toys. Some like balls they can bat around, some like toy mice, some like balls in tracks they can roll around. Anything with catnip will be the most popular. I have found some toys you can refill with catnip (walmart, target) and they keep their interest for a long time because you can keep refilling them when they get bored. I also ordered these toys from etsy and they liked the quite a bit:

My puppy liked balls and meaty bones he could chew. He hated those nylabone things.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My cat is already 9 years old, and toys don't interest him anymore. I actually never bought a toy yet for my cat, I just use crumpled paper and plastic or string. I also don't see any pet stores near my place, so I can't window shop for toys.

4. EvanCross19

EvanCross19Member

Threads:
    It seems like cats are more interested in "toys" that are not meant to be toys. I bought a bed and scratch post for my cat, but he stubbornly remained uninterested in either. Now if I bring in something for myself and leave the box or bag laying around, my cat will think it is his new toy to play with.

I do think I have found his weakness though. He finds anything with catnip in it appealing. Hmm, I wonder why. I ordered this bannana online that is stuffed with some high quality catnip and my cat just loves it. It's the perfect size for him to attack and use his back legs to kick it at the same time.