Cat Using Garden As Litter Box?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Apr 16, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    And you want to solve the problem but don't want to spend any money to "fix" it? Well, there's an easy way to make cats stay away from your garden.

Almost everyone buys fruits from time to time. Lemons, oranges, etc. Collect the peels of any citrus fruits, dry them if you like and scatter them around your garden.

Since citrus peels eventually decompose, you'll need to, from time to time, scatter more citrus [fruit] peels in your garden.

2. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Amazing, I faced this problem several years ago. My mom told me to plant more flowers. I decided to create a stepping stone effect with garden stones. It was not the best solution. Between the rock grass grew and it was not easy to cut. However, the cats stopped using my front gardens as littler boxes and the terrible smell subsided. Truly a Yucky mess. I will have to use the fruit peels for our back garden currently when we go and get it ready this spring. We have several cats that travel through and sometimes stop to sun bathe themselves.