Causes of Autism

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by sunny0012 • Oct 17, 2012.

1. sunny0012

sunny0012New Member

Threads:
    Autism is a developing problem that is recognized by reduced growth in connections, social connections, and actions. Research about autism include that it impacts one out of every 88 kids, a 78% increase in the past 10 years. It impacts the life of many kids and their loved ones. It tends to impact about five young children to every one lady. Certain areas have been discovered to have groups of autism, in that those areas have considerably more people with autism than regular. Some such groups were discovered in Florida from 1993 to 2001.

|

|

2. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I think autism has so many different causes, that it's hard to tell where half of the reasons come from.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think there are a lot of causes, I think there are lot of assumptions or a lot of things being blamed when there is no real evidence. A lot of fear tactics too. For the longest time, people blamed vaccines. Smoking during pregnancy, head injuries, gut issues etc etc. I also think it's possible that the "increase" isn't accurate either as even a decade ago Autism wasn't as well researched as it is now and even still we don't have answers. Just because we can label people more easily now (and many are labeled inaccurately) doesn't mean they haven't always been around. But then look at changes from everything to food and water, even just since the 70's. So an increase since then would make sense too, more noticeable after a few decades for Autism to really take hold. Everything we put into our bodies will cause a plethora of issues, pretty much everything that can go wrong with us can be traced back to how we eat and breathe. Maybe Autism is a product of that. Genes play a huge part in my opinion, from there it could be anything.