Cell Phone Upgrade. Ooops!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by charahome • Dec 5, 2013.

1. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    Many contract companies require a two year wait to upgrade a phone. However, there is insurance available that if you make a claim, you can get same phone, or for extra you can get a better one.
    I heard someone talking about this the other day, but since I was being nosy, and did not know the person, I could not hear the name of the carrier.

Has anyone heard of their carrier offering this option? I think it is a great option.:)

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy insurance for a phone because I am good about keeping it with me all the time. I don't often drop my phone (I have dropped my phone probably 3 to 4 times, but they are flip featured phones) nor accidentally got it wet or anything like that. I don't usually upgrade my phone unless it no longer works or has gotten some technical issues, but then again I can just upgrade to a new phone if that's the case. I would not say I like the insurance idea or against it, it is totally up to the person. I personally don't buy the insurance as long as I am careful about my phone.