Change your address. Get stuff.

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Hickorycottage • Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    I recently changed my address from a post office to my physical address. A few days later, in my mailbox, I received a bunch of coupons, and the best of all, a 10% discount card for Lowes, and two discount cards for Sears. One was a 25% discount for a Kenmore appliance, and a 15% discount for any other brand appliance. Yippee!

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    We had that when moved into our house. I think they thing because a new person's 'name' is associated with that address that you are new to the neighborhood so you will need coupons for the area.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    That's so true! You rarely get anything when you use a PO box. That's why I always use my physical address and things always get here.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I also received a bunch of coupons and discounts in the mail when I moved into my old apartment a year and a half ago. Most of them I didn't use, but some where usually useful, like the one for the spa, hair cut, and pizza. I believe I received about 50 or more coupons.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's good to know. I'm working on moving out before the end of 2012 and moving is stressful and expensive. So it's good to know that at least I'll maybe get discounts on a couple of things. It's been a while since I moved and the only coupons I got back then were for discounts on moving and storage services.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever you move, let Home Depot and Lowes know. Sign up for their newsletter and they will send you a 10% off moving coupon! I think Lowes sends you 10% off just for signing up to the newsletter. Enjoy the savings!

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I love that as a bonus to address changes. They assume that you're moving because that's normally why you would have a change of address....and because of that, you might need home improvement goods, new appliances that you didn't move, etc.

8. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is an old thread, but the point is still valid to this day. I changed my address awhile back and got all kinds of coupons from various places too. It is really interesting how many people will send you things that you've haven't even requested. At one point I was like, "How did so many businesses know about my address change."

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The same happened to me, except that I got dozens of coupons for things I didn't need and couldn't use. I got a coupon for Lowes, but I didn't even have a Lowes in the area.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We can't use a Post Office address here in England, we have to use our house address. I have done something similar using friend's addresses for offers and discounts. I know people who sign up with multiple accounts using lots of different addresses.

11. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that happened! This is a really neat fact to know. I hope when I get an apartment of my own I'll get useful ones! It'd sure make my life easier, hah.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never got that anytime i change my address i just get a bunch of junk mail never anything good like coupons.