Cheap alternative cat food that is healthy?

Discussion in Pets started by koelha10 • Jan 18, 2013.

1. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    I'm looking to either find a cat food that is healthy for my kitten or a cost effective way to make her food myself. I know the store bought foods have fillers and some ingredients that simply should not be in pet food. The common "good" brands like Blue Buffalo are super expensive though so I'm looking for something of equal quality that is inexpensive, or a way to make her food myself.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Hello! If you want to give your cat homemade food, you can do it!, But just try not give much home cooking (less leftovers) if possible always give him cat food because it concentrates nutrients that his body uses more. If you want to feed him homemade food, the most important thing is the variety of foods to get all kinds of nutrients. The meats are very important for cats as well as enchant source of taurine and therefore shouldn't be lacking. A good way to make sure our cat is fed properly, is providing good brands of pet food. However, in addition to feeding the cat think it's good to include in your diet at least 2 times a week, something fresh, easy and nutritious dishes. :D

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My aunt cooks her cats food at home with healthy things her cats eat meat with veggies and all types of things that's the only thing i can think of.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Buy tins of sardines, or flaked tuna - they're cheaper than cat food, and often more nutritious. A friend of ours adopted a stray cat, and he's fed her more or less exclusively on tins of sardines and tuna, with a little minced beef now and again, and some dried cat biscuits to ensure she gets all the nutrients she needs. The cat is now at least 15 years old, and she has a sleek, glossy coat and is still very active, so her diet obviously agrees with her.

5. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I am thinking of the same thing since my cat 's food no longer agrees with her. I also say BlueBuffalo and was going to suggest that however you are right the price is not cheap. Good luck.

6. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    We just buy cat food without corn, wheat and soy. It's much healthier for them, but don't get me wrong, when we are low on funds we buy them the other brands and they seem to not have a problem with it.