Cheap at-home exercise workout videos

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Squeesh • Jul 8, 2012.

1. Squeesh

SqueeshNew Member

Threads:
    I have been looking for a good workout video but I keep running into the problem of high priced videos or cheap videos that have a very bad review. Anyone know of some good and reliable videos for cheap?

2. Sampson

SampsonNew Member

Threads:
    Got a couple questions for you, are you male or female? Also, what are you trying to achieve from the workout?
    I know a few girls that have used "Davina Mccall, My Three 30 Minute Workouts", or something along those lines. Apparently it's easy to get into and doesn't take up much time (obvious from the name :p).
    However, I'm sure if you're a guy you don't want to use that. My suggestion would be get a few dumbell or barbell free-weights and maybe a pull-up bar, put on the music channel and search for a good workout on body building and fitness forums. I'd do a 3 day split (eg; monday, wednesday and friday), with each day focusing on a different body part for 45 minutes. So monday - chest and tricep, tuesday - back and bicep, wednesday - legs and shoulders. Chuck in a 20 minute run twice a week and you have a good programme that doesn't take up too much time at all.

I can PM you if you want more detail, but what I've suggested, if you stay basic, is rather cheap, lasting and something you can adapt and change without any further spending.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I went to library and checked out several over a month. Most of the DVDs at my library were at least 3 years old. I used them a few times and made notes on my favorites. I looked my favorites up online and found most of them for $8 or less on Amazon with free super saver shipping. I also check out resale shops, not just ones that sell DVDs. A lot of clothing resale shops in my area have workout DVDs for $1. I can't be sure if they're good, but it's worth a try for a buck.

4. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    In addition to the library, as mentioned above, thrift stores are great places to find good, cheap videos. Also check out your neighborhood yard sales. Two web sites that come to mind are deepdiscountdvds and gohastings. Also, youtube has many full length workout videos and clips of dvds that can give you a good idea if it is good for you.

5. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with the posters about checking out your library but you can also check out Amazon.com for workout Dvds for cheap. Also Walmart always has some workout Dvds for under $10. Also if you have a Netflix account, you can rent fitness videos that way too. You have more options than you think.

6. valigil

valigilNew Member

Threads:
    i prefer Jane Fondas excercise video, had it in VHS but recently got it online. now i can watch and excercise with them at home with my folks every morning

7. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    So, here is what I do to have cheap workout videos-- I go to Youtube, choose my kind of work out video, and wait for it to load. It saves me money from buying work out videos! Also, I got tons to choose from. If I want dance boxing, I would just type in the search box that, and viola! Numerous of dance boxing videos to choose from right in front of me. Downside here is that, it eats time to load. So what I do, whilst it is loading, I find other things to do, like a quick cook or a quick clean up. Or throw the trash out, or wash the dishes. After that, when I go back and everything is loaded already, I am ready to play the Youtube video already.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've gotten a couple from Amazon. Since there are vendors that sell slightly used ones for cents why not. One of the other forum posters also recommended going to the library. you can also go to fitness websites like sparkpeople. They have great workout videos for free at their site. Good luck!

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Goodwill usually has a few used DVDs of Billy Blanks Tae Bo for $3 and I think that's a classic good workout series that has worked for millions of people.