Cheap Electronics You Love

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Feb 10, 2016.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I recently got a Chinese brand Bluetooth speaker for $10 and it sounds pretty good. It also feels sturdy enough and overall I'm fairly impressed with the performance and build quality especially when considering how little I paid for it. I'm more and more getting open minded about cheap electronics these days so I'm wondering if any of you have had any similar pleasant experiences with cheap electronics.

Any cheap electronics that you bought which ended up impressing you?

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I love my old Samsung used to be phone now music player and video player that I bought for five dollars. I am not even sure what model it is or anything about it, but it lets me play videos on Youtube and it is what I use when I go to sleep. I can drool all over it and it can fall and crack and whatever, but it is always there for me and was cheap as ever.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a cheap mp3 player and it broke in a few hours, so no more cheap China made mp3 players for me. However, the universal battery charger that I bought from China were quite durable, they seem to last for years.

4. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a cheap tablet ($79.99) for my mum a few years ago just so that she would get used to touch screens. She never used it though because my brother gave her an iPhone. So, the tablet was just lying around. I considered it to be good for nothing, but now I use it to check on the front door when someone rings the bell and I use its front camera to stream my little webinars.

Now, I think it was the best "investment" I ever made in electronics (in terms of ROI).

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @djdontpay@djdontpay, Was that tablet's brand Ainol? I heard Ainol is quite a good brand even if it's cheap.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time I was in need of a phone and was short of cash. So I went looking for a second hand item from an electronics shop. I purchased a Nokia C2 which is the one I have used to send this post for . I bought it for 10$. It is sturdy and functional and has served me for a long time without any major issues.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    OMG! How did you find out? :) Yes, it's the Ainol tablet. I think they've come out with newer versions, but the price is still in the 70s.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a Chinese electronics shop here which sells cheap computer items. In fact, I bought a wireless keyboard last year for $5 only. And that keyboard is still working until now. If ever it breaks down, it's okay because I will just buy another (because it is cheap anyway). But we don't buy hard drive there because we are not sure of the durability. We are also contemplating on buying CCTV system which costs about 30% of the standard CCTV.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe, it's the only cheap tablet that has gotten good reviews, the rest of them are bashed and reviewed poorly, like they lag, they stop working, etc. Which Ainol model do you own?

10. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I own the Novo10. I don't have experience with other low-cost tablets. I just got lucky with this one I guess.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @djdontpay@djdontpay, Ainol is actually a good "branded" tablet, one day if I have extra funds I just might buy one as well. They seem to be only available online and not distributed locally, so I'm torn buying it since I will get taxed once it gets here. Old models seem to be phased out too.

12. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney You should get one if the math favors it. It would still be cheaper than other "good" tablets out their.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have bought and tried out the cheaper CCTV electronics and I have good experience with it. So far I have not seen any problems in my 6 months use of it. I would recommend finding a store that you can go back to for it though as I was originally planning on buying it from an online store but after some time I thought something like this would be much better bought from someone with a physical store. Now I use it in our retail shop and it has been doing us well so far and if it ever gave out I'd have someone I can run back to.