Cheap Gifts For Kids

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Denis Hard • Oct 1, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What determines whether a kid will like a gift or not? Is price a factor one should consider?

Of course not.

Kids don't care what a gift costs as long as they can have some fun with it. For that reason, parents and all other gift-givers should opt to buy something cheap when they can.

For example. buying a kid balloons would certainly make them happy anytime. I've done that several times and the kids always love playing with the balloons. A ball would also be a great gift for the kids who like to play outdoors.

Any other great gifts that kids love which don't cost much $$$ to buy?

2. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    glow sticks you can get a whole bag of them for like a dollar and my kids think you have come home with a treasure when you bring them home. The only downside is that they will only last a night or two. It will be a night or tow of fun. YOu can also get stickers pretty cheap and crayons and that will entertain a child for hours.

3. MomFirst

MomFirstNew Member

Threads:
    I think price should always be considered. Children lose things, break things, and my 11 month old son hardly pays attention to any of his toys: he's too busy exploring our home. I almost hate to see parents spend thousands of dollars on toys just for Christmas and then have to struggle to get back on their feet to maintain their homes. As a first time parent though, I don't judge I just feel we have to prioritize and save for our children. Sometimes I think toys, television and many other devices keep us from the priceless things and moments that we could share with just day to day interaction.

4. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I think parents nowadays one up their kids by what other kids get or say they're getting. Its a shame people actually do this. I also believe that kids don't have to have those high prices items such as a cell phone, flat screen TVs, iPads, etc. Such material items are taking away what little time kids get to spend with their working parents. I do find that the small, uncostly items create fun time after time. Crayons, markers, paper, balls, glow sticks, play doh are just examples of what could create loads of fun with hardly cost at hand.

5. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    You should give a kid a building kit of some sort. It is fun to build stuff and see where their imagination takes it.

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Kids will play with just about anything. the question is for how long? I have found that if a child isn't very interested they will play for a short while and then never pick it up again. When buying gifts for kids I always try and get things that will keep their attention. Something that will challenge then and keep them busy. I love craft kits and games that require them to actually think !! That way it keeps them interested and ends up being something they really like !!

It doesn't have to cost a lot either. Most craft kits run about $10 or less. :)
    Hope this helps!!

Danyel :)

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Clay is one of the best and cheapest gifts I always buy for the kids in my family. It's fun for them because they can make anything out of it and you don't have to worry about missing pieces as you would In toys like Lego.he only thing you'd have to watch out for is if they dry out, but even then you could just add a bit of water and reconstitute it.

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I always think it is good to give cheap gifts to children, but it is not very much possible realistically unless if you are giving to your own children. What matters to the children is how colourful the toy is and how wonderfully they can use the toys for their enjoyment. But the elders surrounding the children will never understand that and hence everyone end up giving very expensive gifts to kids.