Cheap Or Expensive Ceramic Pan?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Nov 8, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've recently just bought my first ceramic pan and I've gotten about a month's use out of it and I am very pleased because it is very easy to clean and it seems very durable for now. I just wanted to ask, however, if there's a lot more extra value in getting a more expensive ceramic pan because I opted to just buy a cheap one as my first just so I can try it out. I'd like to know if there is any more risk in buying cheaper ones than if I bought expensive ones, since from the choices I saw I could buy anything from around $10 to over $20 and I'm wondering if I should just go for the expensive one on my next purchase.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pans should last a long time, and even inexpensive ones should be god quality. It depends what you cook and how often you use it. I always say buy the best quality you can afford, and you can always get them when they are on special. Look at the size and weight of the pan and how useful it is, because that's also important.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a new non-stick pan, the cheap one. Last week when we were in Hongkong, we saw a ceramic pan that is a counterpart of the teflon non-stick pans. Gee, the prices is more than 3 times of the ordinary non-stick pan. We did a little computation and my husband vetoed my plan to buy that. He said that it is more economical to buy the cheap non-stick. When something goes wrong then we would just buy another pan.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Just an update, I've been using the cheap ceramic pans for a while now and I'm not that impressed. I find that some substances still stick to it like sugary oil and I even tried cooking rice with it and that ended up sticking a little bit too. I was expecting something a little more universal because it's what I have come to expect from the commercials I've seen, so I'm thinking I may have to buy the expensive pans now just so I could test it out and be more sure. The cheap ones are good enough for safer items though like pan frying pots to has browns, etc.