Cheap Or Free Ways To Have Fun With Kids?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Mar 21, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having fun with kids doesn't need to be expensive. There are plenty of ways parents can have fun with their kids and spend absolutely nothing. Interested?

You could try the following:

- Get some story books from a library and read the stories together.

- Play board games. Even snakes and ladders can be quite "engaging."

- Do some painting together.

- Watch kiddie flicks together.

More?

2. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Those are fantastic ideas to do, and I have done them with my children. We also go to the State Park, or just city park to have a picnic. I usually look for free things or places to take them. We do at least two outings a week.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite fun pastimes for kids, has always been origami. Almost everyone has access to the internet these days, and on Youtube there are multiple channels that specialize in origami for children. Adults can follow the instructions with their children, or young relatives, and all you need to do is provide the paper.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of the time this can depend on how the children have been brought up I feel.
    Some children aren't happy unless its something extravagant. Sometimes going to the park or on a day out isn't enough for some children which is a shame. I was brought up on cheap and fun days out.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My kids absolutely love to help me in the garden, and there is usually not much of an expense associated with that. I do not have a huge garden, so I can get the supplies we need to have some fun outside for about $10 or less. I get some veggie and flower seeds and we plant them in some pots on the back deck. They like the sense of accomplishment that comes with watching their plants grow. I hardly ever have to remind them to go out to water the plants because it is the first thing they do when they wake up in the summer.

6. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    If you live near a national park, the junior ranger program can be a lot of fun.

Also you can check your nearby libraries, churches, and community organizations (like fire halls). Sometimes they have free and/or low cost game nights, movies, and carnivals.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The kids in my family often go on bike rides with their parents. I think it's a very neat way to spend time with the kids and also it gives both them and the adults some much needed exercise and fresh air along with some bonding time, which these days need a bit of conscious effort. The only problem is that the bikes cost a bit at the start although it's just at first that you'd need to pay, the rest of the biking days would be free so it's a nice activity that doesn't really cost much in the long run.

8. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    My 8yr old grandson loves to go to the playgrounds at the parks that are nearby. There are always other kids there for him to play with which is nice since he is an only child and there are no children his age near my home. Yesterday we took a picnic lunch with us and bread to feed the geese and ducks that are in the pond. In the summer time he also likes to play in his large blowup pool. His mom and I sit with him and put our feet in the water. In our hot summers the cool water feels so great.

9. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Local YMCA has activities. Libraries have story times. Meet up groups from online may offer ideas for group discounts and get together. Our area has a arts center that is very family friendly too.