Cheap PC build for 3D rendering and CG?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by deathbyprayer • Oct 22, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Can you recommend a cheap build for computer graphics related stuff like 3D animation and rendering? My laptop usually can handle things well but I'm into some really huge project now and I don't think it can still handle it well. I don't have a big budget yet for a monster PC but I do have some spare cash, about $700 in my pocket right now. If you know any good build for cheap I would love to hear from you. All I need are the following really;

1. Good but cheap video card that handle a lot of polygons
    2. Good but cheap MOBO
    3. Good but cheap RAM model

I already have a spare i7 CPU so that's one thing off my list, all I need are some good suggestions for the parts I mentioned above. All thanks in advance! :)

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually one PC no matter how powerful it is won't be all that helpful for rendering an animation. Take a look at this:

Instead of spending cash on a new computer and realize later that it it takes forever to render your animation, why don't you try other alternatives?

Before spending cash, take a look at the following sites and see if you can't find them useful:

There are many more render farms which will charge you a fee to render your animations but you'd save some cash and it would be much faster anyway.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anything with an 8 core CPU and at least one Titan, I'd assume. Titan is probably the only cheap-ish CPU that can handle rendering. And you could probably go with AMD FX 8 cores CPU-wise.

4. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    To be honest, you won't really get a computer that is affordable AND good at 3D rendering. Those two just don't go together. In order to have a computer that is good at 3D rendering (which is hardware-intensive), you have to have a lot of money. However, here's some stuff in case you're wondering--
    Ram:

GSkill TridentX. These guys are pretty good for the quality that you receive--you can OC them, and you can set them to around 2400 MHz. However, if you want them a little cheaper, you can go for the 2133 MHz ones, and those work pretty well. They are recognized by the system as 1600 MHz (I think) when you first make the build, and all you need to do is change it in the BIOS.
    I can't really help you with the mobo and the GFX card because those cost a lot of money if you want to get a good one.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I know that and I'm not planning on rendering a feature film. Of course it's all for individual use, you know how it goes. I've tried render farms before and to be honest with you it's no better that just me waiting 10 hours to render a 1 minute animated feature.