Cheap places to travel?

Discussion in Travel started by Scottie • Apr 7, 2014.

1. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    Tampa is relatively cheap, particularly if you stay in a motel that's not right on the beach. You can get a rental car (I'm assuming you're going to get one anyway) for a pretty good price, if you're 25 or older and get a small, compact car (good on gas, good on price). The beaches in the adjacent town of Cleawater are some of the most beautiful places in the world, too, and you can go there and enjoy the beach almost any time of the year.

What about you?

2. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I guess it depends if you're just talking about within the US or in general. The first thing I thought of when I read this post was a trip I took to Vietnam and Cambodia a couple years ago. I was living in Japan at that time, so naturally the flight was cheaper than it would be from the US, but everything is so cheap in Southeast Asia that it completely makes up for the price of the flight. We stayed in an amazing 5 star hotel suite, with our own private pool, for $50 a night in Vietnam. And that was top of the line! You can easily stay in perfectly acceptable hotels and hostels for much cheaper. Street food is delicious, plentiful and incredibly cheap as well. I would suggest to anyone taking a trip to Vietnam, Cambodia, or Thailand if you're looking to get a lot for your money!

3. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the words 'cheap','places','travel' is southeast asia. Those countries are full of amazing things and you do not have to be a millionaire to experience those things. You'll find nice places to live for cheap prices, hot and tasty street food. I think every traveller should definitely backpack through southeast asia.

4. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    If you want to go to cheaper places then I think Asia is one of the best from the sharp point of view because other places like Europe is much expensive..

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Kasi! You are right Asia is cheaper but it is a vast continent and you will also see some expensive places there like Dubai, and Singapore. Here I am going to share the names of some cheaper places of this region. I hope you will find them inexpensive too.
    1. Chiang Mai, Thailand
    2. Hanoi, Vietnam
    3. Pokhara, Nepal
    4. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
    5. Vientiane, Laos
    6. Luang Prabang, Laos
    7. Phnom Penh, Cambodia
    8. Colombo, Sri Lanka
    9. Jakarta, Indonesia
    10. Manila, Philippines