Cheap Smartphones

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by joshc428 • Aug 23, 2015.

1. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not looking for anything too fancy. I just need a few cheap smartphones that are able to connect to wifi. I intend on using these phones to run Swagbucks apps and Perk apps, so I don't care about their connection.

I can't use any online store except for Amazon because I don't have a Paypal or credit card, but I do have Amazon credit. I've bought 2 off of Amazon thus far, but it ended up costing me $45. Anyone else got another suggestion?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    A year ago I came across some posts of some people who's do this and from what I read it seems like most of them favor the brand Kyocera as the cheapest and best smartphone to use for this purpose, as it works well and costs below $50 each. I don't know if it's still the best one out there right now though since technology has probably improved significantly within the year and lots of other brands that might be better have probably popped up, but I think Kyocera should still be a good enough choice.

3. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    LG Optimus Fuels are pretty popular I've been heard from the grapevine. I really think it's kinda difficult to find cheaper phones on amazon as opposed to eBay because on eBay you'd be able to buy them used. Kyocera hydros seem to be pretty popular too but I don't know how much they run on Amazon, but you can get them in cheap lots on eBay. Maybe you can try to look into exchanging amazon balance into paypal if it gets a little too difficult to find them on Amazon.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really should get myself a cheap smartphone too, when my current one decides to stop working. I don't use all of these hi-tech features. I mean, sure, it would be useful to have them just in case I ever need to use them in today's technological climate. But I am quite happy to settle for a cheap smartphone that performs cheap smartphone tasks.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    The most popular cheaper phone in our country is the Asus Zenfone. Any version works fine but you can just buy the latest if you want. Many gamers have attested to its capability in withstanding multitaskif functions. It is one of those cheaper but good quality phones.

6. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    I have read about Kyocera for good cheap phones in the past. They sound like just the kind of thing that you'd want: cheap, not too fancy, doesn't have too many features. I can't personally recommend it to you, as I've never actually used one, but I do know a few people who have, and from their reviews it seems like an average smart phone.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my husband wanted to learn using a smart phone, I bought a cheap tablet for $150. After learning the operation, my husband bought a cheap smart phone for $20. Yes, that cheap, huh. I was surprised myself so I inspected it. Gee, it was working pretty well and it was like an iPhone in looks. Made in China, said the case.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about looking through Ebay for used smartphones? Right now I'm using a 2nd hand Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro and it can surf the web pretty smoothly. I didn't buy this on Ebay though, but if you just search for auctions, you can win an Android phone if you're lucky for around $20 to $30 only.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of Chinese-made smartphones which are ridiculously cheap but are almost as good as any other expensive smartphone. But they have a short life span. A friend of mine bought an SQ [doubt any of you have heard of these phones] smartphone and it was great but was dead within a year. You could try Tecnos. Some of their smartphones are pretty cheap.

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So what I glean from this is that you're trying to cheat those apps with multiple accounts in order to earn even more money. Well, you're not going to earn back the investment you're putting into these smartphones until a few months down the line, so it doesn't really make any sense. You're starting out at a financial loss for buying the phones, and then you run the risk of your accounts getting banned and earnings forfeited, so...

11. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    Asus Zenfones are pretty good. I have one of those and its' pretty cool for the price. But if you really want to go cheaper then try to find a cheap Chinese brand Android phone. I can't really give you a brand name since I don't know any but a quick Googling would get you with hundreds of results. A friend of mine once bought a Quadcore Android phone with 1GB's of RAM for only $50. But you have to be mindful of the quality though, some of these cheap phones break really easily, starting from the physical buttons.