Cheap Sneaker Brands

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Jan 15, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been seeing a lot of new sneaker brands pop up recently, and most of them are fairly cheap compared to the big brands. For example, I've seen some sneakers being sold for only $20 and some even just a little over $10. I don't know if this is a new thing or if I just wasn't paying enough attention before, but now I'm tempted to try them out, although I still would like to be able to pick one of the better brands in this category since even though they are cheap it's still an expense and I'd rather get the most out of my money.

Anyone here who has had experience with the new cheap sneaker brands that have been popping up? Any particular brand you would recommend over others?

2. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I saw a lot of VEER pairs running around my city for a while. They were pretty cheap (like 20$ at most) and looked kinda okish quality. They break off pretty easily and the material used is not that great of quality. Better yet, I have some fake converse in my drawer that lasted about 2 summers without giving in.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I've always been a Keds person. I hardly wear sneakers though, so it takes me years to wear out a pare. I think the cheaper ones are good for uses where you know you might damage them easily, such as work involving lots of dirt, paint, stains. I would not want to risk having to throw out a very nice pare of shoes because of stains.

4. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    There's usually a lot of cheap sneaker and plimsoll brands on SportsDirect, I'm not sure what the equivalent for that in the US might be. However I do think they ship globally so you could check that out. However I think it also depends on what you're looking to get out of the sneaker, for example if you just want a pair to wear casually and stuff, then it's a good idea to maybe find cheaper ones. But if you're wanting to use them for going to the gym or running, you're probably better off investing in a pair of Nike sneakers, or Adidas, or any of the whichever other major sports brands you prefer.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do think it depends on what your are going to be using them for. A cheaper brand will do just fine if they are just for everyday wear. If you plan to run or work out in them though, it would be wise to invest slightly more- a good pair of trainers can help to protect your knee joints and lessen the general impact on your body.

6. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite cheap sneaker brands is Vans. You can find a pair of Vans for $40 and have them last you a good while. I still have vans that I bought years ago that I still wear. I know that Vans can run more on the expensive sides sometimes, but for the most part you can find them a really good pair for $40-$50 dollars.

7. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Mossimo at Target often runs very cheap. I have managed to grab a couple pairs on clearance for less than ten. Granted, they were men's, but sneakers generally appear to be unisex. For most Mossimo shoes you should not be paying more than $25. Personally, I avoid paying even that unless I absolutely have to and only for a better brand. Mossimo is not bad, though.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely wear sneakers, but there are some cheaper brands at Payless. Also, I don't understand people who pay for Converse full price. You can always get some basic ones at Marshalls for like, twenty five bucks max. My Converse usually last a few years, depending on how much I wear them. But yeah, you can find discounted or cheaper sneakers any where. I think Keds is the queen of discount sneakers though.

9. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Kitty Reeves, I had a few pairs of shoes from Payless. They were not terrible quality. Granted, they did not last as long as Converse, but they got the job done. I am the same way when it comes to purchasing Converse. The only way I will buy a pair is if it is on sale and not simply a few dollars off. They have to be $25 or less. I think I have owned one or two pairs of Keds that I remember. It has been awhile. I should probably look into them; I have the impression they are a decent quality shoe and for a great discount it would be worth it.

10. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Recently I got a pair of Wanted platform slip-ons from Nordstrom rack for $25. Don't remember the original price but these were poorly made. After wearing a few times they felt loose and then started coming apart at the heel.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I always buy cheap. I check Ross Dept. Stores or amazon.com especially when there's an ebates.com special going on with amazon.com. They are comfortable, cheap and cute. I also check Marshalls too.

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few sneakers which are mostly cheap ones. I don't usually wear them because I'm more of a sandals type of girl. Though I do wear them a few times whenever I feel like it. So for me, buying the cheaper sneaker brands is better because I don't spend a lot of time wearing them anyway. Though I think for people who wear sneakers a lot should buy a better quality brand of sneakers to be able to ensure that they will have a long time to wear it.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Airwalk is not that expensive. You can get a pair for less than $50, and they are quite durable as well.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This reminds me of the leather boots that my husband received from his father who came home for a vacation after living in the US for 10 years. The boots were brown leather but the soles were rubber. My husband used it when we went for a brief vacation in Baguio City, the coldest place in our country. On the second day of walking, one of the soles detached from the shoe. My husband had to wear his slippers for the rest of the vacation. And the boots? Made in China.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Saving money when shopping is always a must be for many consumers. However, buying cheap goods to save cost is not always a good idea, especially purchasing footwear. I have seen where people have purchased low-priced exercise shoes which poor construction causing a great amount of discomfort and lasting for a shorter time than normal.
    This situation would have you buying another in a much shorter time than the usual and after having that bad experience, you would probably believe it would now be wiser to purchase a more expensive shoe, which would be longer lasting and more comfortable.
    The end result is that you would not as saved as desired, the cost would eventually be greater, more like you losing out in the acquisition.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Reebok. Most my sneakers are Nike, but I own a couple beat up Reebok pairs that were cheaper than Nike or Adidas and I find their quality to be just as good.
    Actually, I find Reebok more comfortable than Nike, but of course Nike has nicer looking pairs and better impact absorption.

17. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wore a certain and brand and style, until they changed the way they made them (they decided to go the cheaply made route but keep the same pricing). Now, they aren't good any more, and I don't know what kind to get. I'm not happy. They used to run about $30-40 per pair, and lasted me a good amount of time, but I can't find anything good in that price range now.

My husband bought my a pair of sneakers, and paid a lot for them, and they started coming apart quickly. I'd love to know where to get a decent pair of comfortable sneakers for a reasonable price.

18. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I never cheap out on sneakers to be honest. I find that quality sneakers such as Nike, Adidas, DC and even Etnies last way longer than cheap sneakers. In the long term, you'll save a lot of money by paying once for some quality sneakers.

19. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    All replica sneakers are cheap. China is creating replica of every brand.