Cheap Tablets

Discussion in Online Shopping started by kana_marie • Apr 29, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know where to find an extremely cheap tablet? It doesn't have to be really nice or anything. It will only be used for Internet access... no apps or anything. I found one on Noremorerack for 45$. It's th cheapest Ive come across. But if anyone knows of a cheaper, basic tablet please let me know! Thank you!

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes Walmart has them really cheap. I would keep checking with them, and check walmart.com. Sometimes I find a better deal there than in-store, on some items, and they will ship site-to-store with no shipping costs.

3. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    The shipping on the tablet I was looking at is far from free. I'll definitely have to check with Walmart. The free shipping could make the final total cheaper, even if th tablet itself costs a little bit more, lol.thank you for the tip!!

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You may not be able to do this obline but I would go to the pawn shop to see what you can get there. Some of the items are priced very reasonably and you maybe able to get a better tablet than you had planned to get at a good price.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    AT&T and some other companies are offering new customers free tablets, so there are a lot of decent ones on eBay for fairly low prices. Definitely not as low as what you quoted up there, but, they are good quality, and probably have better processors and capabilities. I know you said it doesn't have to run apps, and will just be for basic use, but it might be worth it to compare specs, and a lot of the ones on eBay have free shipping.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've seen some on Amazon but from what I remember they were all at pretty much the same price. If you're looking for something even cheaper then you might just want to look into getting one second hand although I wouldn't really recommend it since if someone is selling their already cheap tablet then chances are there's something not very pleasing about that model. If you're looking for a particular brand that's good I've heard some nice things about Kyocera although I've never tried it out myself.

7. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    That never even occurred to me! The only time I've ever been in a pawn shop was when I was the one selling, lol. I'll definitely have to check it out. There's a really good one in the nearest town. They're really honest guys, and, from what I've heard, will always treat you right. Since I only want it for one purpose, and that's getting online, it doesn't have to be a anything extra special so that opens up my options.

8. kofter128

kofter128New Member

Threads:
    Generally you first need to know what you'll be using the tablet for. The more you pay, the more you get of course. If you want the tablet only to browse the internet on wi fi, then any cheap one will do, the most important part there is to watch the battery life - you want a long one of course. If you need it for work for example, I wouldn't compromise on the price, as cheaper things tend to be unreliable and you dont want that in your job.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @kana_marie@kana_marie, depending on the pawn shop, it may have an online presence, so you may be able to check ahead of time to see what they have in stock. Some also sell on eBay. They might be open to answering some questions on the phone about what they have in stock, and if you've been there before, they might be willing to keep an eye open for you, and notify you when what you're looking for comes into stock.

10. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    The only purpose it's going to serve is allow me to write my blog. I'm using an iPod right now, but I really need something bigger. I have a computer that crashed recently. So I have 2 options... new Windows install or a tablet. The tablet is cheaper lol

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Take a look on dealxtreme. If it really will only be used for internet access, any random tablet with at least Android 3 should be fine. They may not come with gapps installed, but you don't seem to need those :)

12. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    I was actually recently shopping for a cheap tablet also. I found this one by

on Amazon, which seems pretty decent for a basic one, and is only $35.99 with free shipping currently. I ended up getting a slightly different model from this brand new in the box on ebay for about $18 because the seller had it listed in the wrong category, so no one else was really interested! So I would say check out the Amazon option, but also search on ebay for a specific model you want just in case a deal comes up. You can set up a saved ebay search to be alerted of new listings matching your criteria, so you can spot a good deal quicker that way.

13. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're trying to spend only $45 on a tablet, then you need to stop trying to do that right now. Any tablet that's under $100 not called the Amazon Fire HD6 tablet is going to break on you within a few weeks, sometimes before you even turn it on. The problem with sub-$100 tablets is that they're built with low-end hardware, poor touchscreens, small batteries, and buggy software. It's not worth the hassle to spend that little. You're not getting a deal; you're getting ripped off by Chinese companies.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was about to say when I was shopping around for a cheap/affordable tablet, I never came across any as cheap as £35!! I eventually settled for the Kindle Fire HD and it's only small but does the job. At £169, I thought it would be among the cheapest. I've now had it almost 2 years and it works very well, and has never given me any problem. I don't think I'd want to go below that in terms of price, because I'd be concerned about durability.