Cheaper Makeup On Ebay

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by kjonesm1 • Feb 15, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Recently my sister picked up some makeup on eBay for the both of us. It was foundation that normally costs 30$ at Ulta. Well she got it on eBay for $14 and I swear ine was empty after 3 weeks and I didn't even use it everyday. When I received it , it was still sealed and seemed good to go. Has anyone experienced this before or know why it was shorted?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Did you check to make sure that it was the same amount of ounces that were being sold at Ulta? Maybe it was a slightly smaller size, which means it wouldn't last as long. It also could explain why this was around half of the cost in the store. That's not to say there aren't great bargains on Ebay but this is always a possibility. If the bottle was sealed and never opened then I don't see how it could of been used or any taken out of the bottle before it was sent to you.

But lets say that it could of been the seller. Did you check their rating out on Ebay and what type of reviews they have been given by previous customers. This is something that I always find helpful in doing before buying from a seller there.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's pretty important to check the country of origin, and if the product is genuine. There is the possibility that you might be purchasing an inferior product. Make sure that you check the seller's ratings and history thoroughly!

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I'm always super wary of buying things like make up (or food) off of eBay, mostly because there are tons of sellers based in China masquerading as American products. I'd rather buy less expensive make ups from brands I trust, like e.l.f or Nyx or NYC Color. At least I know where it's coming from. Also, like everyone else said, you might have gotten a copy cat or a smaller bottle listed as a larger one. Also, people will do things like get a cheap foundation from somewhere (NYC Colour sells two dollar foundation) and put it into a empty bottle of an more expensive brand. People do it with perfume all the time. :cool:

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The large discount is indeed quite suspicious. I think it is worth a try to ask the seller as to why she sells it at a very cheap price? If she tells you that she imported it, then it is likely that it's a China-made fake product, that's why it seems to be emptying out faster than the original one that you bought.