Cheapest Markets in Your Area

Discussion in Food & Drink started by steph84 • Sep 17, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    What are some of the cheapest supermarkets in your area? I live in Southern California and I like going to Food 4 Less and Fresh and Easy. I only shop at Fresh and Easy when they mail out the $5 off $25 coupons. That is such a deal! I don't shop at Ralphs anymore because they stopped doubling their coupons and everything is so expensive there.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am in a mountainous, rural area of the Pacific Northwest and right now Walmart is the cheapest place to shop in our area. They are talking about building a new Winco and from what I have heard they are really good with their prices, too. It would be really nice to have an alternative to Walmart for a change.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    In south Florida, I am also going to have to go with Super Walmart. We also just got a Aldi, but it is so far away, I usually only stop there if I happen to be in the area. They don't call it the stock up store for nothing. . :)

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'm in Spain right now, and my cheapest supermarkets are LIDL and Aldi, the same as in the UK. We divide our time between the two countries, and when I'm here, I use Mercadona or Consum for the stuff I can't get at LIDL and Aldi. In the UK, Morrisons is the next cheapest, and their bakery is excellent as well. At one time, I wouldn't go to several shops for my groceries, but you have to these days.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The two cheapest supermarkets in my neighborhood are Compare Foods, which is a supermarket I've strangely only ever seen in bad neighborhoods, and Fairway, which is an organic specialty store and you really wouldn't expect it to be cheap, but it is. We have a Pathmark as well, but it's usually a little more expensive.

6. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I have a couple of Aldi stores around me and some Super Walmart stores so I can usually find everything I need between the two and not break the bank.

I don't like spending a lot of money on grocery shopping so I would rather go to these places and just buy a few things I need.

7. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    As with many others, Super Wal-Mart is the most affordable grocery store in my area. We do not have many other options, unfortunately.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely Aldi's for me, too.

I can really only get groceries there, but I save so much on those that it doesn't seem to sting as much when I need to make other purchases elsewhere.

9. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends. A certain store may be cheaper on one item whereas another store may be cheaper on a different one. Between Super Wal-Mart and my local grocery store, I tend to get all my shopping done without any major financial distress.