Cheapest place to buy DVD/Blu-Ray online OTHER than Ebay

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by chriswild1122 • May 19, 2013.

1. chriswild1122

chriswild1122New Member

Threads:
    Looking for the cheapest place to buy NEW Dvds/Blu-Rays online other than eBay. I've had some terrible experiences as of late buying these items off of Ebay and I think I'm done with it. I know it's very hard to find unopened DVD/Blu-Rays for cheap and most sites sell them for approximately the same price but any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows where I could find similar deals on XBOX 360 games I'd thank you kindly!

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried amazon? I have gotten all my dvds from amazon and never had a problem all the dvds I have gotten from them have been in great condition and pretty good prices

3. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    Amazon is a really good place to try out, as they often have great deals on both CD's and DVD's. I would also recommend

as they have a great selection also.

4. littledipster

littledipsterNew Member

Threads:
    I would second Amazon as well, I've often found all of the Blu-Rays I've wanted on there for significantly cheaper than MSRP. I also normally find a lot of new releases for less than MSRP at Best Buy, but sometimes they end up being more expensive than Amazon but I guess the trade off is that there is no shipping cost/wait time. I would definitely say that Best Buy is at least cheaper than other retailers most of the time though. Another resource could be a Half-Price Books if there are any near you! They normally have a random but large variety of Blu-Rays and DVDs for cheap but they are all used..

5. Teddysean

TeddyseanNew Member

Threads:
    I'd say Amazon. And with Amazon Prime, you can get free shipping and even lower prices. If you are a student, or a mom, you can get a free trial of Prime today too! It's a great, great deal.

6. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Don't forget about the real world out there! :) You can find some great deals at thrift stores, pawn shops, yard sales, and the flea markets (if you don't mind a few fleas).

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, go to Amazon or Walmart or Target if you want to buy cheap CDs and DVDs and Bluray discs. Amazon also has an Instant Video option wherein you would just download or stream the video and save it to your computer. And like Limcid said, you could look around your local mall for discount bins.

8. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    Sometimes even Best Buy has great deals on their Bluray. Their Star Wars collection was on sale for about $70 recently and it still goes for about $100 on Amazon or even more. I got it since it was a really good deal. I have seen some good Bluray movies in the clearance bins of Walmart too so you might want to check that out too.

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just buy my favorite blue ray films from Barnes and noble.
    They normally have them for about five dollars or five dollars for a bundle. I'd say that is a pretty amazing deal for something that is such high quality. Other than Barnes and noble I would recommend to check out flew markets for even better deals.

10. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Amazon is the best. I have got a lot only from Amazon :) You also can have a thought about Walmart but only if you didn't get your need with Amazon.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, I would just download them off of some torrent sites and burn them myself - or just leave them on my hard drive and move them to a USB drive when I wanted to watch them on my TV. It's not really supporting the artists or movie studios by buying used stuff anyhow. A lot of the used items are scratched and damaged too, you're better off with a fresh blank DVD and burning it yourself. You could also ask around to see if anyone has a copy and will let you borrow it to burn your own copy.

12. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    I've tried Craigslist and an app called offer up. I have found some great deals on Craigslist on new and used dvds and blu ray some people even sell their whole collection. Offer up is just like Craigslist but a little more used friendly when listing and uploading pictures.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, Amazon is a good alternative aside from Ebay. But I think you're better off buying in the mall where DVD sales are ongoing, so that you could get yourself a good deal.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You could try Craigslist but that's probably about the same as just buying from ebay. I think if you want to be assured that they are official and that they do contain discs as advertised then it's better to just pay full price and buy at official stores because I've seen a few videos where sealed packages ended up being empty when opened. A good thing about ebay though is that the seller will usually refund you the items if it turns out to be empty and I can't say the same about Craigslist, but official stores and sites like Amazon should be the safest bets currently.

15. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried amazon a couple of times but then i discovered torrenting and that pretty much took care of my movie needs. It's not a legit way in owning movies but i'll take it instead of spending money to something you can get with no cost in the same quality.

16. My3Sons_NJ

My3Sons_NJMember

Threads:
    Given that the question concerned the cheapest method to legally purchase DVDs and Blu-Rays online is probably Worldwide Liquidators where the prices are almost impossible to beat but the selection is limited to those titles that need to be, well, 'liquidated'. Besides the deeply discounted price given on DVDs/Blu-Rays there are options present for an even more significant price reduction.

17. Robilas

RobilasMember

Threads:
    I think that your best chance is Amazon, especially if you are subscribed to Amazon Prime. Their shipping options are solid and you won't have bad surprises like those you had with Ebay. If you check regularly you can find great deals and save a lot of money, but I don't recommend to buy DVDs at full price, since you can find cheaper alternatives online. But if you find a decent sale, buy them on Amazon since you will be safe and sound.

Another alternative is Best Buy, you will find a lot of cheap deals everyday, but of course since they change so often it's easy to miss the best discounts. I've bought a few DVDs and Blu-Rays from them without any problems, so I recommend it. But Amazon is still the safest choice.