Cheapest Place To Find Car Parts?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by JoanMcWench • Mar 19, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cheap places to find Car Parts to already have before you go into the mechanic? I hate having the mechanic find the part for me because I always feel like I'm getting screwed.

2. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Yep! You will always get screwed by the repair shops if they are just as so much touching your car! I have known a guy through a friend, who fixes my care when I need something done, and he always told me go the car junkyard to ask for a certain if he needs it to fix mine, and I would pay so much less, and only pay him labor!

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Junkyards would be the place to find cheaper car parts. However, given the fact it's junk, you have to be careful with what you get. Be sure to do some research about car parts before making an attempt. Has anyone on this forum tried to find parts in a junkyard? Well, in my situation, the rims for my tires were unbalanced so I was advised to find a rim in a junkyard, given the fact it was difficult to buy from a store.

Oh, by the way, another cheaper place might be online. Has anyone looked online?

#3Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I hear you. It's always the same feeling for me too. Somehow I just can't trust them 100% as I have had them cheat me all the time.

The best I learnt was to go with them to my trusted shops and get those parts in front of my eyes and get them fixed under supervision. That way I can reduce the repeated cost of a bad part.