Chicken Broth In A Carton

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DukeMadThane • May 13, 2015.

1. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    Make sure you take a close look at the carton to make sure the seal is in tact. I bought some the other day just to find that the inner seal had been broken, so I had to throw it away. I have never had this problem with anything else, but this experience has my radar on.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you think it was broken accidentally, or on purpose? If on purpose, make sure you contact the store and/or company that makes it.

A friend had an issue recently with frozen tater tots. He went to make them, and found symmetrical cuts in the bag. When he went to the store to replace them (he'd thrown out the original package, instead of returning it), he noticed the others on the shelf had the same marks. I told him to report it to the store, but of course he didn't. I think the marks were probably made by the knife or other blade the person used to cut the boxes they were packed in open, but the issue will probably persist, since he didn't talk to management.

I hate that we have to be watchful for so many potential threats nowadays. Being vigilant both on and offline is exhausting.

3. BethD

BethDNew Member

Threads:
    I never had that happen and I buy chicken broth in a Carton all the time. It keeps in the pantry a long time and can be used in so many recipes, as well as just enjoying the broth. I will be more cautious now, though. I have had issues with other foods and have had to return them, so it pays to look things over well before you buy them.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    It really annoys me when I get a package of some food item home, only to notice that the packaging has been damaged or opened. There are sometimes when I do not have the time to go all the way back to the store to return it. My price threshold is $5 unless I need to go back to the store anyway.

5. BethD

BethDNew Member

Threads:
    It is truly annoying and sometimes you don't have the time to go back or you're in the middle of a recipe and find that what you needed has been damaged or opened. I complained to Kroger when I had to do this and was given a $5.00 gift card because I had to drive back there. They said they were going to do that now at the Kroger near me if you had to drive back to the store because of a damaged or opened item. I thought that was a great idea. Don't get me wrong, it's still annoying but at least you feel compensated for your trouble.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's great to know. I wonder if the other locations do it as well? You're right, it would still be annoying, but at least the $5 would cover some gas money. I have had this issue when I was having grocery items delivered through the walmart website. I had to complain to them a few times, and finally stopped ordering them online. It was the most convenient way to do it, since many of my purchases were bulky, but it's just not worth the hassle of constantly having to follow up and return items.