Chile's Restaurant

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Zyni • Jun 10, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We received a gift card to Chile's, so we recently visited to have dinner. The food was decent, but as an overall experience, I wasn't really that impressed. I haven't been to Chile's in many years, but I always notice that the one nearest us is very busy. In fact, there's usually a line outside of people waiting to get in.

I can't figure out what causes the place to be so popular, especially after our recent visit. Like I said, the food was decent, but it wasn't really anything special. The service wasn't that great, and they have a little tablet thing on the table that you use to order drinks, pay your bill, etc. I think that tool makes for lazy servers.

There are little games on the table computer as well, but be aware that you will be charged for playing them. No big deal. It was only 99 cents, but they should tell you first, before you play. I can imagine someone sitting there letting their kids play, only to find an extra 5-10 dollars on their bill.

What do you think of the place? Do you like Chile's?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    We used to go to Chilis a lot, like once a week, because it was convenient to us, but now I can't remember the last time we were there. I didn't think they had anything special or different on their menu and over time it just got to be a bit pricy for average food. I wouldn't say I have any true complaints about the restaurant but it's just not my top pick anymore.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Chiles. But it is important to note that I am a big fan of bar type food in general, so that is one of the reasons that Chiles appeals to me. It isn't anything special, but I think it is a step above places like Applebees and TGI Fridays.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A "bit pricey for average food," is a good description, @ReadWriteLearnLove@ReadWriteLearnLove. Exactly how I felt about it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

After paying our bill on the computer at the table, there was a little survey. They asked the typical questions but one was if we thought what we ordered was a good value. I had to say no to that. We could have had the same meal at a Mexican restaurant for a lot less than what it cost at Chile's (we had a gift card, but yeah, out of pocket it would not have been a "good value").

It was okay, overall, but again, I don't understand why people are lining up to get in. It's just not all that, in my opinion.

5. PupLove

PupLoveNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Chile's! I honestly don't think I have ever had a bad experience there. The food is always delicious and service, normal. I believe bad experiences have a lot to do with how much the staff itself cares about the place. You can't help who your restaurants are hiring, but if you voice your complaint frequently you will be heard. I have ad similar experiences with other places and stayed consistent with my complaints until my friends and family saw a change as well as myself. If you love the food and service is the issue, that can always be fixed!

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to go to Chilli's quite often when I lived in an area where they were located. I think they do have really good food. I think their food is roughly equivalent to TGI FRiday's and Applebee's. This is one of the things that makes me like them. I haven't been to Chili's for a few years now...however, I will go sometime if I get a special deal there and not just run of the mill buy a meal and get a free dessert for instance.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I took my family to Chilli's for their birthday, we have 3 members of the family that have birthdays the same week. I did not enjoy my meal because it was way to cold in the restaurant. My only thought was how fast I could get out of the freezing room. My daughter and two grandson's seem to like the meal much more than I did, the cold did not bother them as much as it bothered me.

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chile's inclusion of that little kiosk at the table for playing games, ordering appetizers, and paying the bill is ingenious. However, it's executed too poorly to make a difference, and it could generate a lot more profit for the company if done more smartly. Chile's doesn't have the greatest food, and I'd actually say that it's usually pretty terrible as the norm, which is a shame. I remember a time when Chile's food tasted pretty decent at worst and great at best.