Chinese Phones

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by lovemwaf • Nov 7, 2013.

1. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen chinese phones on eBay and i thought that the specs and features were really good but was never really gutsy enough to buy one. A friend of mine recently got a chinese galaxy for a good price, with android. I tried it and i thought it was really good. Pretty much as good as the real thing and i think i may go chinese. Anyone had experience with these.

2. Inconsitency

InconsitencyNew Member

Threads:
    What do you mean by Chinese phones? Do you mean the off-brand ones? I know the Xiaomi M3 is a Chinese phone that is selling really well and has great specs. It really depends on what you mean, and if you mean the off-brand ones, then I think you should be extremely careful. The off-brand phones are very likely to lack warranty and do not have a reputation or good specs. It is pretty much a gamble.

3. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know about Chinese phones being sold in the States. What plan do you get, is the phone capable of being set up with AT&T, T-mobile and the other typical carriers?

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My friend had a Chinese smartphone, and it wasn't the best quality. We all know that the price is a good indicator of quality, after all, you get what you pay for. So it may work quite fine for a few months, but it may not last long and conk out before it's one year old. So in my opinion, it's better to stick to the branded ones for major electronic purchases.

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Chinese phones are phones that are sold from Chinese Wholesalers such as ChinaVasion. They create cheaper phones based on the most popular phones on the market. i.e: Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, etc.
    My brother in law bought a phone from ChinaVasion. It was their version of the Galaxy S4 and it actually handles very well. I would say one benefit is that it is a dual sim card phone. This allows you to separate your business phone number from your personal phone number but still get all of your calls on one device. I see some good and some not so good points for getting one of these devices but right now overall I am neutral.

6. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I believe he's referring to the "brandless" phones commonly found around the net and eBay, and the replicas of popular smartphone models, such as fake S4-s. They're usually pretty similar to how cheap brandless monitors work, sometimes you can score extremely good deals on devices that use similar, or almost the same components as "official" models, often sold for a fraction of the price.

My friend has a fake Galaxy S4 he bough for around 200 USD, it's unlocked, and holds up pretty well in terms of hardware sats and build quality. If you wasn't aware that it's a knockoff in the first place, you wouldn't be able to tell if someone handed you one. It runs Android just as well, has a pretty decent chip in it, and the exterior is almost completely identical to the original model.

Not always true, unfortunately. Especially when you look at popular "smartphones" bought on contracts. You're paying the price of a top of the line workstation over time (1000-1500 USD), and what you're getting is the equivalent of a mediocre laptop that's several years old. Buying something purely on the basis that it cost you more money than the other alternatives is a pretty consumer-oriented mindset, and won't necessarily give you the best results.

If something is popular and expensive, it's worth entertaining the possibility that it might be expensive BECAUSE it's popular.

#6Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
  7. NeliaDillahunty

NeliaDillahuntyNew Member

Threads:
    I think they are already unlocked.

8. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Be very careful with Chinese phones. My wife used to work in a cell phone company that ordered a few thousands of cell phones to China. So here's the reality check, half of them were OK, half of them were defective. They probably use the most cheap materials, sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a Chinese phone a couple of years ago and I found it really useful and will all the features that costly brand phones have.

Perhaps the only I could complain is that it has not very good quality recording, but other than this everything worked great, including the analog TV. I gave this phone to my sister in exchange for a simpler Samsung Chat because I didn't really need all those features in the Chinese phone but more suitable for her needs.

Actually I bought a Chinese tablet with Android and just the same, nothing to complain serving well.

10. Lin

LinNew Member

Threads:
    My tablet is currently a Chinese brand. If I could have done better though, I would have. Chinese devices are really affordable, but also may be the opposite of durable. Choose well.

11. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I personally love Chinese phones more than the phones from any phone standing companies. This is just because most Chinese phones do not have duplicate models as it is with the phones from other companies. The reason why I don't love these phones is because I bought a Samsung phone which I at last found it was a duplicate.

12. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    I've seen Chinese copies of Apple's products and I have to say I wasn't impressed by them. Even with their low price, they didn't really appeal to me. As of now, I have no ambition towards buying one.

But that's about copies. I'm not sure about 'real' Chinese products, are there any worth checking?

13. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I can not tell a lie and have to admit that I have purchase one before. I thought that it was the greatest thing ever at first. Well, that was until I turned the phone on to use it!

Most of these phones are made terribly and have major software glitches. There are cheap smartphones out there so don't go with the knockoffs.

14. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    So it really pays to do your own product research and read customer reviews before you decide to place your order.. This is one way of avoiding being scammed.

15. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    There is a pretty good Chinese brand called Huawei that has some decent phones with good specs. I never owned one so I can not guarantee if they break down easily though.

16. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    I guess it's a decent phone..It's just that it doesn't capture great image quality.

17. marvelousgirl

marvelousgirlBanned

Threads:
    I had several chineese brand mobile phones. In overall i can say that there quality was really poor.

18. couponclicks1

couponclicks1New Member

Threads:
    Not even Chinese phone.. even I buy original they are all made in china...

19. victor

victorNew Member

Threads:
    Most of the phone we use today are from china but i don't just like china phones because of the noise, it is too noisy for my liking some when you off it it makes noise when you also on it also does the same and i hate that.

20. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    From my point of view, it`s a waste of time, but maybe you will come across reliable products and I`m simply wrong;)
    Last year I bought a Chinese cheap replica of Samsung for $50, used it for a month and threw it to garbage, not even parts of it could be used as replacement elements