Chinese websites with $40 tablets?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by msrache • Mar 27, 2014.

1. msrache

msracheNew Member

Threads:
    Thumbs up Chinese websites with $40 tablets?

I landed on a Chinese website called

, and I was particularly curious about their super cheap tablets, because I needed one. They advertise ongoing tablet sales, which seems to happen very often.

I decided to give it a shot and ordered this pretty red 8gb Android

:

tablettmart.

When it arrived to my location (US), it didn't look bad at all! It works just fine. I was impressed, and it was better than I expected---perhaps because I didn't expect much at all for the price. It plays music and videos seamlessly, held up its charge, came with all the necessary wires needed for transfer of files and charging (standard USB connections). It's been a week or so since I've owned it, and I've had no problems so far.

Many Chinese stores get a bad rep. I've no problem ordering clothes, accessories, utensils, etc from them because of the price (since I have so little to live on with health expenses as priority). It was the electronics that made me a bit scared, but this tablet at least was working just fine. I'm pretty satisfied!

The specs are below:

Specifications
    General Specs SystemAndroid 4.0CPUA13CPU Speed/Processor Clock Speed1.2GHzRAM Memory512MB DDR3Hard Drive Capacity8GBExtend CardTF card, up to 32GBScreen Size7"Resolution800*480Touch Screen Type5-Points capacitive touch panel

Additional Features/Functions CameraFront 0.3 MPG-sensorSupportI/OMicro 5pin USB / USB2.0 data transfer / OTG and host expandAudioAAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4AVideoWMV / ASF / MP4 / 3GP / 3G2M4V / AVI / MJPEG / RV10 / DivX / VC-1 / MPEG-2 / Mali-400 MP MPEG-4/H.263/H.264LanguagesMulti-languagesFlashFlash 11.0

Communications Wi-fi802.11 a / b / g / n

Battery & Power Battery3000mAh lithium batteryCharger StandardUS StandardEarphone Standard3.5mmFull Working TimeVideo 3-4 hoursStandby Time20Days

Have you had any experience with Tmart.com or another Chinese website? Anyone else have a safe experience like I did?

2. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I really don't think I can trust a tablet that was only $40.00. Sure, I am all for saving money but that just seems way to cheap to me to be an effective tablet. I have purchased a tablet at 200 dollars and it really wasn't that great so it's hard for me to imagine getting a decent tablet for just $40.00. If anyone has experience with this tablet then let us know!

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I've also bought a tablet costing more than $200 and it isn't something I really can work with and I believe its not because of my internet speed. Its really because of the tablet. And with $40 tablet, I'm not sure whether it can surf the net. have you tried installing an app and use it?

Keep us updated, I'm interested to know how its going.

4. GottDeals

GottDealsNew Member

Threads:
    #1 Buying the "cheap tablets" are really "hit and miss", and
    #2 Even if they work great as they are, you know that the parts themselves aren't the high quality durable sort of parts. So, if you are a careful person like myself that takes really good care of things, then you might be able to get away with it. However if you are the kind of person that likes to call yourself careful, but in all actuality you just toss your tablet in your purse, or put your tablet in your book bag and treat your book bad "normally", then you might want to get a device that is a bit more rugged.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I'm glad that it's working fine for you, but the real test if you purchased a good product or not is if it would still be working properly after many months since you purchased it. Because we all get what we pay for, and if the item is cheap, then the quality may be cheap as well. I noticed that the branded items are the only ones guaranteed to be durable.

6. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    My mum bought my daughter one it worked fine but she accidently dropped it on the floor and cracked the screen. We were unable to get in touch with the manufacturer. After numerous emails and calls we gave up and took it to stores here to get fixed where we told it was useless many people before us had tried and failed to get the parts for it and in the long run even if they could fix it which they couldn't we would be better off buying a new one as it would cost double or more.

I wouldn't bother with a cheap tablet again she has a galaxy tab now which is miles better and we know if anything goes wrong that won't be an issue.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I specifically ordered a tablet so that I could use the eBay app to scout for items at thrift store for resale by looking up the prices that people are paying for things on eBay.
    My Walmart order for the tablet has been processing for a couple of days, so I'm wondering if they ran out of stock and are going to cancel my order.
    I ordered a cheap tablet because I'm only planning to use it for the purpose of looking up prices on the eBay app. Hopefully I don't get a dud tablet.
    The tablet I ordered kind of looks like OPs tablet except it's a cheapo HKC tablet.

8. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    You just got lucky with that tablet. I can not just buy a tablet worth $40. What am sure that it will not last for more that 6 months before you start having trouble with it. I would rather spend my money on something quality rather than on something that will break down in a few months. Am just saying ti might be impressive now but not forever.

9. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:
    reply:msrache

Msrache, I am glad you took a chance with a foreign product & had a good experience with it. I, on the other hand, had the opposite type of experience. I was naive when I first registered with E-bay & didn't know too much about buying/selling (I had just began an account) & I ended up buying a camcorder & digital camera. One was 12.99 and the other was about the same price. I was like, WOW! I saved a lot of money & these electronics, supposedly had very good megapixels! I was soo excited, until I realized the product wasn't coming until like 6 weeks. Then I realized the reason why, was it because it was coming from China & Japan! When I finally got my items in the mail, they were nothing like described. I was so furious! I felt like they too advantage of me. Also, I was going to ship it back but it would have to go through customs all over again and cost me a fortune! You got very lucky with what you bought & I'm glad you didn't have my horror story!

10. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't put much faith into a $40 tablet. Your use with it is probably limited to surfing the web and Facebook, maybe a movie, depending on the resolution, but if that's all you need it for then it's a great find!

PS: How much were the transport and delivery fees? I imagine $40 wasn't the final price.

11. DjoBoy

DjoBoyNew Member

Threads:
    I also know a site for cheap Chinese tablets. It's called LightInTheBox. They also have phones, like fake Samsung Galaxy S4, fake LG L7, etc. I have never bought any of them, but I think that they are great. The only negative thing about this site, is that you have to wait like a month for your orders to arrive.

12. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My mom really wants a tablet so I'm going to look into these two sites listed. She's not much of a Internet person at all nor does she get online much at all. A $40 tablet would suit her fine only if they actually work longer than a month or so. I will look into reviews a bit more before deciding further on whether to get one or not.

13. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    $40 tablets, well I'm not that sure of. I mean, it's $40, its a guarantee that you're not going to get more than you paid for, but I have to say, most of these cheap Chinese electronics do work quite nicely, my nephew bought one and I'm surprised to see that does operate quite well, plays even graphics heavy games. But most of these cheap tablets are horrible, they have very little RAM to support the OS, often times freezing or crashing and the durability is not one to be trusted, especially when you're letting kids play with it. But I suppose its better for kinds to destroy a $40 tablet rather than a $500 iPad.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've gotten to use some of these cheap tablets as well, and I agree. They definitely are much better now than they were just two or three years ago. I suppose hardware is just a bit cheaper now so they are able to do much more while still keeping their prices low. The only problem I found in these gadgets is that they do still tend to lag, but they are at least still usable and definitely a welcome option so at least those who can't afford the expensive gadgets would still be able to experience modern technology.

15. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I also bought an android tablet off of a Chinese website and it only cost me 30 dollars. It shipped here pretty quickly and I was surprised by the quality. Thanks for this informative post!

16. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    If you're looking for a "cheap" tablet, you're better off getting a reconditioned one from somewhere like Woot.com. They tend to have them a few times a week, for under $100. I bought my boyfriend one for Christmas and it works perfectly (Asus.)

17. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Well since China is popular for product imitation I'm not surprised at all that the tablet price is only $40. I would not buy one but I'm happy to hear more reviews such as until how long it worked and all. China phones and tablets are all over in my place, they are much cheaper than the original and many people are buying them but I still prefer the original product.

18. robin2508

robin2508New Member

Threads:
    you mentioned the tablet plays music and video smoothly, and i am guessing that from the file you transferred. how about online videos? like youtube, does it work fine? and what about switching from apps to app? is it smooth? and what os is it running? android or something custom?

19. irishways

irishwaysNew Member

Threads:
    Nice one!

Haven't come across this site yet. It looks like they do drop-shipping and affiliate work too. I will of course do some more research on this but, thanks for the heads up.

20. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    These sites always make me a little bit nervous. I haven't tried one yet, but I can't say that I'm not really tempted by the prices. I guess I am going to have to check out a site like this at some point. I might be pleasantly surprised by the product that I receive for the money.