Christmas and the 7 year old boy

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by brutal37138 • Nov 15, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Christmas is on the way and I have no idea what to get my son for Christmas (sigh)

He's a big fan of building sets, so he has K'nex, Legos, Megabloks, etc.
    He loves games, but he already has an old xBox with tons of games, a Nintendo DS, and a Meep Tablet, so I'm running out of ideas.

What's your shopping list looking like for your young boys this year? Is there a new or hot toy I may be missing?

2. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a 5 yr old boy and I know how difficult it is so I'm planning to check out toy stores soon. One of my gift aside from toys is enrolling him in karate this christmas
    because thats what he really wants.

3. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Why not get him the new Xbox One or PS4? If that's out of your budget, I would get home some cool interactive toys off the internet. I mean if you buy it online, you'll get something that his friends will most likely not have seen or heard of. I just Googled "best knex toys" and found some really cool looking ones. If you can get something he would never see in the stores but would be awesome, he will probably the happiest kid on the block.

4. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Love the karate idea, however we already priced that in our area and it is $100/month, which we simply can't do.

We'd love to have the XBox One under our belt, but we just purchased the XBox 360 for the family and my son has his own original XBox console in his room, so I'm thinking game system overkill is close, nor do we have the money to spend to that extent.

5. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    whats your budget?
    id say maybe a cheap laptop and some programming books if he's into building things. Programming will also end up being very beneficial if he sticks with it.

Alternatively, a cheap guitar could be cool, and could also pay off in the long run if he enjoys it.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is he into cars? maybe a specif show or movie he likes? Like transformers or something.

7. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Yes, he likes cars and has an extensive collection of Hot Wheels. We've decided to grab him a few DVDs for Christmas, for sure. He hasn't seen Monsters University, but loves Monsters Inc., so we're going to grab that and maybe the pixar film Planes, which he did see in theaters. So other than that he loves rc helicopters, but he's got one for almost every occasion for the last few years and we're getting tired of them, especially since they break pretty easy.

8. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    If your budget is on the generous side, I would suggest going for the new PS4 or XBox one. These consoles just came out within the past month, so they literally are brand new. If you don't have a preference over which one, I would say go for the PS4. There are a lot of limitations with the XBox one, like for example you have to be connected to the internet for EVERY game you play, even the single player ones. And of course if you do want to play online then you have to pay a subscription fee. With PS4, it is free to play online.

9. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I have two boys, a three year old and a six year old and I always ask them what they want. They are not very demanding so it's never a big deal $20-30 tops it's what they get so it needs to be in that range. Have you asked him what he wants?

10. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I also have a seven year old boy. Is your son into sports? There is so much you can buy for a child who likes sports. My son eats, sleeps and drinks baseball. This year I have decided to purchase a catcher's gear set for him. I have also(in the past) bought baseball cards, sports related clothing, balls, gloves and a subscription to Sports Illustrated for Kids. If you son is like my son, he is becoming a new reader. My son is really starting to enjoy reading. Books are always a great choice for a gift as they serve as a tool for learning. Puzzles are always a good choice also. Good luck! I am sure he will love what you pick out for him.