Christmas Blues

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 15, 2014.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    Christmas is a time when most persons are at their emotional peak. Depending on your preference you may be indulging in various aspects of the festive season and this may result in being in an excited state. There will exist those individuals who are depressed during this time for various reasons and this may not necessarily be due to not liking the season but it may result due to other things. I have a friend whose mother passed on this day and i always invite her over during this time as i know that she is always sad.

It is good to be mindful of others during this period in a similar state and try our best to be supportive.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That much is true. I guess Christmas blues has something to do with unresolved personal issues that continue to plague us regardless of the season. Maybe everyone beset with the blues should try to adopt an optimistic, forward-looking mindset and look toward the future. There are things you should not dwell on too much. I'd rather eat my blues away.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had the Christmas blues this year because I lost my dream apartment on Dec. 4 and have to stay with the relatives from hell. I'm actually starting to cheer up now that all the major winter holidays are over because now everyone is done celebrating and we're all in the same boat, back to work as usual.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case I have post-Christmas (and Holidays overall) blues because I live far away from my whole family and the holidays are the one time during the year that I get to spend 2 weeks with them back at my hometown. This year I spent 3 weeks there with my family and so now I'm feeling extra lonely and blue because that period is done and gone and now I'm back to living by myself and back to work.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I think most people get too self involved during this time of year, which really isn't toot big of a deal but it would be nice to find some time to think of others. I think it's great that you are conscious and aware enough to invite your friend who might be feeling down during this time. If only more people were as considerate, but unfortunately most are just too busy buying gifts.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been at my emotional peak at Christmas, not even as a child. Gifts are nice and all that, but people and experiences are way more important. Christmas has been a pain for the most part for a numbers of years now. It turns most people into stressed out, crazy, and otherwise unpleasant beings that you don't really want to be around, and when you have a gathering of these people in one place....

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Advertising doesn't help because during the holidays season, we're inundated with images of happy families doing festive things in their perfect homes, and we're pressured to spend and go into debt to live up to that ideal. It's like the media is telling us that we're bad parents if we don't spend a fortune on Christmas.