Christmas lists

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by alc89 • Nov 1, 2012.

1. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Do you all make Christmas lists? I never used to make Christmas lists or any kind of presents list. In fact, I did not grow up with a lot of presents; it was never a focal point of holidays or celebrations. But, after I started dating my boyfriend, his family is all about lists and Christmas lists are no exception. At first, it was very awkward, but i quickly realized that there is a good reason for this. Friends and family want to get you a gift - but they want to ensure that you like it. So, if they can't get something already on your list, they have some sort of idea of what you want, what you're hoping to get, and what you're interested in. It's not about getting what's on your list - but it's really, honestly, making it easier for people who want to give you things to make sure that you love what you get. What are your thoughts on present wishlists?

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I always make a christmas list and a birthday list. I always put way too many things on it, of course not expecting to get everything, but knowing that people want to have options when they are shopping.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like to make present lists, but I want other people to make them so I know what to buy them. I have small kids so I will make a list a of things they need. It usually had clothes, books and a few toys on it, but no wants to get them the boring stuff on the list. I've not had much luck with lists.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My family is big on lists. We even cut out pictures from magazines or catalogues as examples. It just takes all of the guesswork out of it and makes shopping so much easier.

5. Rosa_Camilla

Rosa_CamillaNew Member

Threads:
    While having a Christmas list is convenient for us those who buys the presents, it is not common in our family because then there will be no surprise because you expect something on the list. However, when I buy gift I make sure the receiver will like it, so it means I have a lot of brainstorming to do before i buy, but I don't mind.

6. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    My family and I always make Christmas lists and sometimes birthday ones too. It helps with knowing what the other person wants. We have a certain budget every year, but we like to get a few gifts for each other. We will pick the most important ones and then we also have room for surprise ones as well. It's great to have options. With a past boyfriend we would sometimes put down vague gifts. We knew each other pretty well at this point. But he put down that he wanted tickets to an event. That year I got him tickets to a basketball game, but there were other options I was considering.

7. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    My family isn't into list so whatever they will hand to me as a gift I'll take it and give thanks :D But I personally have a list of my own taht I will have to buy like a bike. I will buy a bike maybe next month. Its not just for my health program but I'd also be using this bike to go some places :D

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't done it since I was a kid. We did lists for Santa, ya know? But as an adult, there's no way. I wouldn't even know what I wanted at this point anyway, so I would have a really hard time coming up with something. I can understand why people do it, though.

9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    We do Christmas lists in our family. It isn't my favorite thing to do because I like to be surprised, but I see the reason behind it. If you don't make a list you may be stuck with the ugliest sweater of all time. My family always asks for a list and in fact, my mom has already asked me for mine this year. Not only do I have to make my own list, but I need to think of what my husband and daughter want as well. It is hard to come up with ideas for everyone.

10. M.Ruth

M.RuthNew Member

Threads:
    As a child I used to make wishlist for christmas and for my birthday.
    But I never got anything from it.
    So after a while i just stopped...

Now, being a dad and having my own family, we got a whole different situation.
    Christmas can be destroied by disappointed crying children. (believe me! It happened to me more than twice!)
    Listmaking was the only possible solution for the christmas problem.
    Since this, me and my family are back on lists.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Well I do lists only in my mind. I do not really write it down and see which among here could I buy. I just think of things that I would like to have. If I can buy it for myself or ask from my parents. I do not really know what is the advantage of actual writing of what I want for Christmas.

12. lopezmramon

lopezmramonNew Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, I make xmas lists for myself and others. This last year was a rush, so I didn't, but the thing is I dislike having to rush it. I would prefer to just plan ahead and get deals on November, hide the gifts and then go straight to a happy no rush December!