Christmas Shopping Already??

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by acheno84 • Jun 11, 2016.

1. acheno84

acheno84Member

Threads:
    So I just left my favorite craft store and saw that they already have Christmas decorations up and for sale. I can't even believe it. I guess we are 6 months away but I feel that it's a holiday that just sort of takes over the entire year! Has anyone else seen their stores cluttering the area with Christmas stuff? Does it annoy anyone else as much as it annoys me?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are people who do their Christmas shopping all through the year. And the sooner Christmas stuff starts being sold the better it is for them because they get better deals now.

That said, stores in my home town often start selling Christmas decorations and Christmas-themed "merchandise" from October.

3. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    I do my Christmas shopping throughout the year. If I see something good for a loved one I'll buy it and save it till the holidays! It makes the actual holiday season much less stressful. It's sad that stores are putting up Christmas advertisement already though, it's such a money grabbing idea.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    That is kind of weird but it has been a pattern of stores every year to put up Christmas decorations and start the hype earlier and earlier. I think doing it this month is kind of extreme though but maybe they just have a weird situation this year or something. I don't think it would annoy me that much although I have to say if they started playing Christmas music this early and I had to put up win it for months instead of just the one or two months a year think I'd go crazy.

5. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, it can be annoying to see stores selling Christmas items this early but it makes good business sense. There are a lot of frugal people out there who are more than willing to shop for Christmas decorations this early to save money and resources. I know the feeling because I usually do my shopping for Christmas gifts two or three months before Christmas. And I’ve saved hundreds of dollars in the process.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Not really, i haven't noticed any stores with Christmas decorations or selling Christmas items yet or maybe i wasn't paying attention. But i'm not surprised, there are people who's too excited for this specific holiday and start their Christmas early and share the vibe by putting up Christmas decorations.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know a couple of people who have already started. I also have a bad habit of wanting to give the gifts early if I buy too many too far in advance.This ends up kind of killing all my savings, since I then have to buy more. So, this tactic is hit of miss for me when it comes to saving money.

I will probably pick up a few things during some of the better sales, but I won't go too crazy just yet. I think I'll start stashing a few bucks a week though, to put in the Christmas shopping "pot."

I remember one year, one of the stores here put up a tree and started playing carols in September, right after the back to school sale. People were outraged. They haven't tried that again since, although they do seem to start just a bit earlier every year.

8. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    It's probably left over stock from Christmas they haven't been able to sell yet... and want it gone for new stuff next Christmas. I know a lot of people that buy Christmas decorations after Christmas and save them for the next year. It's a great way to save money.

9. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well, the one thing that I cannot say is that I am surprised. It is crazy, for me at least, but people will go to great lengths to try and save some money. Now that I think about it, it would be nice to get some of it out of the way so the holidays are not so cluttered or intense, but I just lack that kind of foresight. For those people out there doing it, good for you because you have something that I just do not have, and I am sure you are enjoying the savings.