Christmas Sweaters

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DancingLady • Nov 16, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a Christmas Sweater? Many people think of them as goofy sweaters you wear for entertainment and being silly, but there are also many really nice and elegant ones. I was given a beautiful Christmas sweater made of wool when I was 14. I am 26 and I still have it and look forward to getting it out again this year. It is one of my favorite things for December, and my only true Christmas garment.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once had this Christmas sweater that my aunt knitted for me decades ago. It's still there in my closet along with other stuff from my childhood, but it no longer fits me. I do have this blue vest sweater that my mom got me from a thrift shop. It makes for a really great Christmas sweater substitute.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had a Christmas sweater, but I do have some sweaters. It's ok anyway if I don't have one, because I don't think I can use them often.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    LOL. I have seen people in movies receive sweaters all the time. I am actually curious as to why there is a certain "culture" like this. I haven't received one ever. I think that I would love receiving gifts like sweaters because I am very fond of personalized gifts. :)

5. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I think it is becoming more popular to do tacky Christmas sweater family photos. Mine has not done this, probably because we can't bring ourselves to spend any amount of money on a gag item. Even so, I appreciate the way people are loosening up and not being a stick in the mud. We're here to have a good time, folks! Bring on the tacky sweaters!

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm on the goofy and entertaining end with mine, but yes I have a stereotypical "ugly sweater" that I got for an ugly sweater party :). I find it's ugliness charming though, honestly, so it works out either way.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't currently own any Christmas sweaters. But saying that will probably jinx it, and I'll probably receive one for Christmas this year or something. Anyway, if I was to receive a Christmas sweater, and I liked the sweater, then I'd wear it. Some look really good, and don't look goofy but adorable or endearing if anything. They can make a person cute, especially women with rosy cheeks that have been bitten by the cold.

8. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I love wearing sweaters and yes, I also like wearing Christmas sweaters as well. I know that it's not the cool thing for everyone but as for me, I love it! I mean, there are a lot of cool designs out there and I don't think that it's too bad. It's comfortable and it's cute, in my opinion. It just adds up to the whole Christmas atmosphere. It makes the season happier!

9. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Not really, no, I don't have one of those tacky Christmas sweaters with a giant Christmas tree on it if that's what you're asking, but usually ever year I'll buy some kind of sweater that looks nice to wear to family gatherings and things like that

10. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge sweater fan, but I don't have a Christmas sweater. I don't see the point of something I'm only going to wear maybe once a wear. Maybe I'm just not properly in the Christmas spirit, but I've never been into it. A lot of bands I like have Christmas sweaters for sale, but I've obviously never bought one.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I don't have any at all. I don't buy into the whole "tacky Christmas sweater" trend and I don't own any that I actually like or would wear either. I'm just not that big on wearing red/green/seasonal stuff like that.