Chromecast

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ExpertAdvice • Oct 6, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I was just watching TV, and this ad came on which premiered Chromecast, so I researched a little bit about it and here's what I found. With Chromecast, your phone will become your personalized remote control. For just $35, you will receive and begin to make Chromecast one of the most loved gadgets that you will ever have. Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use an Android phone, tablet, iPhone®, iPad®, Mac or Windows laptop, or Chromebook to cast your favorite entertainment and apps right to the big screen. All you do is simply plug in the device, connect it with your wifi, and begin casting apps from your mobile to your TV. Pretty cool right!:cool:

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's mostly how it works. It's a great device for $35, although the Roku player does beat it in a few key areas. They're almost similar in price for certain Roku models, too. Chromecast works any TV that has an HDMI port, although it's a little annoying to have to plug the device into a power outlet in order to power it. However, you can get a mini-USB to USB plug to power it through your TV that has a USB port.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like it for the price, but it seems a bit more limited than most other options out there, especially considering that a lot of new technological developments have already been made available since this device first was released. Now there are options to use your phone to mirror its screen onto your tv wirelessly instead of just YouTube videos, which is why I hope they make some sort of new version to combat the new products other companies have come out with.