Church's or KFC?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cookiemonsterv16 • Apr 6, 2014.

1. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I have eaten at both KFC and Church's, but there is something about the chicken at KFC that I really like a lot. When I eat at Church's the chicken just doesn't do it for me I usually don't eat that much of it. I only go because my family likes church's more than KFC. We have a KFC and Church's close by our house so its not about driving distance for either one.

As for price Church's does tend to have the better deals so that is one of the good things about it. I don't mind paying a little more at KFC if it means getting what my taste buds like.

Which one do you prefer to eat at?

2. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    I would have to choose Church's.

Simply because i think their food is better. They have more of a home style taste to their food. KFC's food taste extremely processed. Not to mention that their customer service is horrible, and their prices are outrageous. I refuse to pay them.

Church's prices are extremely affordable. I appreciate that as a customer.

3. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    I love the taste of KFC chicken. They taste so good in my mouth. The price is a bit more expensive but I also think that the price is worth the taste. I don't really care for the customer service or like how the restaurant looks because I always take out and eat somewhere else.

4. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    I love them both. Churches spicy chicken is soooo good! And, I love their red beans and rice, mashed potatoes and those yummy onion rings! But, I still crave both original recipe and extra crispy KFC from time to time. My room mate loves KFC pot pies but I haven't tried them. I don't eat out as much as I did when I worked in town and bought lunch out everyday, but I still enjoy eating at both these restaurants every few months. Yummy!

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC always!!!!!!! I love their Mac and cheese, their buns are so yummy with some butter! The chicken is so oily, yet so good!! I love the mashed potatoes and gravy. I love everything about KFC! If I could I would eat there several times a week! However, I try to diet most days, so that would be completely unacceptable.

6. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of either place as deep fried foods are not really my thing but I definitely prefer Churches. I find the chicken is meatier with thinner batter. That could be just the local outlet in my town, but there definitely is a difference. KFC has many outlets in the malls at the food courts but there aren't a lot of actual KFCs around anymore. This makes it a challenge at dinnertime if I want chicken as I don't want to head to the mall to pick it up. The churches is fairly nearby and has ample parking.

7. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    KFC forever, I' was never impressed by Church's but I've only had it a few times in my life. I'm a huge fan of the KFC coleslaw too, its so yummy and I love the biscuits too, even though nothing beats homemade ones made in the oven.

8. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I am one big fan of KFC for a long time now. I always like how they prepare their chicken it is just not the same every other place that I have visited. Until I get that other place in future, then at the moment I might just be sticking with KFC and see how it goes. Plus the deals you get are just awesome.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Popeye's better than either of those places. There's something about the spicy breading on the chicken and the Cajun side dishes that I like. I'm one of those people that carries around a bottle of hot sauce so I don't like bland chicken.

10. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Between those two, I like KFC better. It's greasier but tastes better than Churches. Now among Churches, KFC, and Popeye's then Popeye's wins hands down.

11. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have not lived in areas that had a lot of Churches chicken so I would have to pick KFC. The spices they use are really good and I don't think the pieces are too fatty. However, I am not sure of the price comparison.

12. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Never tried church's, but as for KFC.. the only ones that like KFC chicken have not had enough high quality foods in their life. KFC chicken is disgusting. People are addicted to sucking the grease soaked skin off of the chicken. That chicken is so low quality. For the price you pay, you can make a lot better chicken for your family.

You are what you eat. Eat low quality, be low quality.

Fast food does not taste good, unless you dont know any better. Fast food is lower class food.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC!!! I love everything about them (minus the calories!). Their chicken is awesome, the mac n cheese is very decent, the mashed potatoes and gravy is so good, and also the buns are delicious! I had a KFC one block from my house and went there all the time. Now I live far and don't eat there as much.

14. Ruffled

RuffledNew Member

Threads:
    I choose KFC every time. There is a Church's nearby but, to be honest, I have no idea what their food tastes like. I have been eating KFC off and on since I was a kid so I figure why ruin a good thing? They are a bit pricey and that's why I don't go there every weekend, but when I do go I like to splurge with them because every item they have tastes good to me. I don't know what it is, but they're doing something right.

15. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to go with KFC because we do not have Church's here in my town. But I'm not a big fan though as I prefer to make my own homemade KFC style chicken :)

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For many years, I had figured Church's Chicken had gone out of business everywhere. We only had one in my neck of the woods back in the mid 80's, but it didn't last too long. Then a few years ago, I noticed that our local White Castle had merged with Church's Chicken, so now it's two restaurants in one. They even sell hybrid food items, like Church's Chicken sliders.

From what I recall back in the 80's I used to really like Church's Chicken. It was a nice change of pace from the usual KFC, which I would get sick of. I haven't tried them recently though, since any time I go to that White Castle, I'm going there for the White Castle sliders and onion rings, lol. Church's and Popeye's Chicken were rare around NE Ohio for some reason - you could generally only find them on a turnpike or at some remote location.